|Shipra Khanna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shipra Khanna is an Indian chef, restaurateur, author, and TV personality who became a household name in India in 2012 when she won the 2nd season of MasterChef India, the Indian version of the globally popular competitive cooking game show franchise MasterChef Australia. In September 2013, she opened her first restaurant, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was called The H.O.T – House of Taste. In January 2017, she launched a restaurant called The Darzi Bar & Kitchen in India’s capital city of New Delhi. She also runs a YouTube channel called Shipra’s Kitchen where she shares her recipes and provides cooking masterclasses. The channel has amassed more than 200k subscribers. She has been honored with the ‘Women Chef Taking Taste Beyond Borders’ award by the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Chamber Women Entrepreneurs Council (SCWEC).
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shipra had attended the Loreto Convent, Tara Hall, an English-medium high school in Upper Kaithu, Shimla.
After her high school graduation, she joined St. Bede’s College, a women’s college in Navbahar, Shimla, that was originally established as a teacher’s training institute in 1904. She had graduated from there with degrees in economics and psychology.
Chef, Restaurateur, Author, TV Personality
- Father – Balween Khanna (Businessman, Co-Owner of a Jewelry Shop in Shimla)
- Mother – Radhika Khanna
- Siblings – Akshay Khanna (Brother) (Businessman, Co-Owner of a Jewelry Shop in Shimla)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shipra has dated –
- Mohit Khattar (2001–2011) – Shipra got married to a businessman named Mohit Khattar in a ceremony held in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India, in 2001, when she was just 19 years old. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Yadavi Khattar and a son named Himannk Khattar. The relationship was abusive and Shipra, after about a decade of mistreatment from her in-laws, got divorced in January 2011. She subsequently fought a legal battle to obtain custody of her children. After the divorce, her mother encouraged her to audition for the 2nd season of MasterChef India (2012), an idea that would completely turn her life around.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Shipra has been featured in a TV commercial for Saffola Masala Oats, a product of Saffola, an edible oils and packaged foods brand of Marico Limited, an Indian multinational consumer goods company.
In 2014, she was actively involved in promoting the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation, a government agency that conducts and regulates the tourism activities of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
Shipra Khanna Facts
- After winning the 2012 edition of MasterChef India, Shipra went on to host/judge several cooking-based TV shows including Pure Sin with Shipra Khanna, Desi Gourmet Cooking, Good Food Guide Season 2, Master Class with Shipra Khanna, Rock a Bowl, Snack in the Box, Star Truck, and K for Kids Season 2.
- Pure Sin with Shipra Khanna was the 1st Indian cooking-based TV show that was completely devoted to desserts.
- In 2014, she was honored with the title of ‘Culinary Connoisseur’ by Tourism Australia, the Australian government agency responsible for promoting Australian locations as business and leisure travel destinations.
- She has published numerous books including The Spice Route (2013), Sinfully Yours (2016), Super Foods for Awesome Memory (2017), Empty Jaws Narrating Stories: Heart Touching Short Stories (2018), Simply Punjabi (2019), Simply Maharashtrian (2019), Simply Rajasthani (2019), Simply Gujarati (2019), Super Foods to Keep Your Brain Strong, and Mood Lighter (2020), and #HealthUnlimited (2021).
- In 2017, she was honored with the title of ‘The Culinary Ambassador to Spain’ by the Spanish Ambassador to India. The same year, she won the ‘Best Television Chef Book Outside Europe’ award at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards for Sinfully Yours (2016). It was the first Indian book to win this award.
- Her hobbies/interests include meditation, traveling, photography, and practicing Yoga.
Featured Image by Shipra Khanna / Instagram