|Shira Lazar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1983|
Shira Lazar is a Canadian actress, television personality, writer, and video blogger who has been featured on Hollywood.com, MSN.com, and CBSNEWS.com, and has appeared as a host on CNN, The Grammys, Fox News, and Yahoo! (Entertainment Host). She is also the host and creator of a YouTube talk show, Partners Project where she has interviewed several YouTube stars like Lisa Nova, Michelle Phan, iJustine, Shay Carl, Freddie Wong, OK Go, and Nice Peter. Shira is also the host and creator of a blog called What’s Trending.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shira Lazar went to St. George’s High School. After graduating from high school, she got admission at the Dawson College in Montreal, Quebec.
She then got enrolled at Emerson College in Boston to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Video/TV production.
Actress, Television Personality, Writer, Vlogger
- Mother – Her mother is a teacher.
- Siblings – Dov Charney (Older Stepbrother) (Founder of Los Angeles Apparel and American Apparel). She has other older siblings as well.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shira Lazar has dated –
- Bart Baker (2014-2019) – Shira started going out with social media star Bart Baker in 2014. Since 2014, they have collaborated on many videos and have been pretty vocal about their relationship on the social media. In 2017, they added a member to their family by adopting a baby golden retriever named Bentley. They broke up in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Petite figure
- High cheekbones
Shira Lazar has used her strong social media presence to plug a fair number of products and brands.
She was raised in a Jewish household but her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being the creator and host of Partners Project, which is a YouTube talk show that features interviews with social media stars such as Shay Carl, Freddie Wong, and Michelle Phan.
- Having written articles for popular websites such as Hollywood.com, MSN.com, and CBSNEWS.com.
In 2012, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy romance movie, Celeste & Jesse Forever.
First TV Show
In September 2007, Shira Lazar made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Red Eye w/Tom Shillue.
Shira Lazar maintains a disciplined workout regime to ensure that her toned body remains in perfect shape. Apart from regularly hitting the gym, she doesn’t mind trying various other workout types including unique goat yoga, in which a goat is incorporated into the workout.
Shira Lazar Favorite Things
- Family Food – Montreal bagels with smoked lox and cream cheese
- American City – Venice, California
- International City – Montreal
- Airline – Virgin America
- Airport Lounge – Air Canada
- Island – Kauai, Hawaii
- Fruit – Mango
- Food – Mexican or Japanese Food
- Drink Of Choice – Bloody mary, Vodka, and Diet Coke
- TV Show – Orange is The New Black
- Writers – Deepak Chopra, Malcolm Gladwell, and Eckhart Tolle
- Travel Publications – Wired, Fast Company, Inc.
- Must-Have Things On Plane – Lipgloss, Laptop, Books, Wallet, and Hand cream
- Travel iPhone App – Yelp, Trippy, Urbanspoon
- Dream Travel Destination – Tahiti
- Travel Charity – Doctors Without Borders
Source – TheInternetChef.biz, JohnnyJet.com
Shira Lazar Facts
- She started her media career in 2004 after she was hired to work as a host of the College Sports TV program, 1st Person.
- Shira Lazar is the co-founder of DISRUPT/GROUP, which is a digital production company that produces her online content.
- In 2010, the Wired publication included her in the list of sexiest geeks.
- In 2011, the Huffington Post included her in the list featuring “Women in Tech You Need to Follow”.
- Shira collaborated with MTV’s A Thin Line campaign to launch her anti-bullying campaign on the social media in October 2011.
- In December 2012, her talk show, What’s Trending took part in the 1st Annual Tube-A-Tweet-A-Thon. As a part of the event, the viewers had to use hashtag #Tubeathon on Twitter after which a donation of $1 would be made to Covenant House. The overall aim was to raise $50,000 for the homeless youth.
- In June 2013, she managed to attract a seven-figure investment for the production expansion, distribution, and ad sales of What’s Trending from Bedrocket Media Ventures.
- In September 2011, the Twitter handle of What’s Trending erroneously reported that Steve Jobs had passed away. As a result of the goof-up, CBS decided to end its association with the show.
- In 2011, she was hired to host the online red carpet event for the Grammy Music Awards. The same year, she was also asked to host online the red carpet and backstage activities for the Oscars by the award show’s official website.
Featured Image by kris krüg / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0