|Sinéad Harnett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sinéad Harnett had to undergo long and hard slog to find her place in the music industry. Her career started in 2011 with popular grime star, Wiley, featuring her in his single. It was followed by guest appearances in 2 #1 albums (Disclosure’s Settle and Rudimental’s Home). Then, she got an opportunity to work with established artists such as Goldlink, Christian Rich, and Snakehips. She eventually got the much-deserved success as a solo artist with the popularity of her singles No Other Way and Paradise.
Sinéad Monica Harnett
Finchley, London, England
Sinéad Harnett went to the Arts University College Bournemouth and got enrolled for an acting degree.
- Father – Patrick N. Harnett
- Mother – Yaowaluck Kluiprasert
- Siblings – She has 1 sister.
Sinéad Harnett is represented by Nadia Moniz of Bad Management.
Soul, Electronic, Dance, R&B
Black Butter, Virgin EMI, 333 Records
5 ft 8 in or 172.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry on her father’s side and Thai roots on her mother’s side.
- Petite Figure
- High Cheekbones
Best Known For
- The popularity of her single, No Other Way, which was declared as the track of the week by The Guardian
- The critical acclaim garnered by her self-titled EP, Sinéad Harnett, which was released through Sony Music and was widely praised by the critics
- Having worked with popular and established music artists and bands including Ryan Hemsworth, Wiley, and Rudimental
As a Singer
In 2013, Harnett released her first EP, Got Me, whose singles Paradise and No Other Way were widely praised.
She released her first mixtape, Chapter One, in 2017.
Sinéad Harnett Favorite Things
- Childhood Music Artists – Michael Jackson, Etta James, Amy Winehouse, Lauryn Hill
- Music Albums – Amy Winehouse’s Frank, Lauryn Hill’s Miseducation, and Justin Timberlake‘s Justified
- Influences – Whitney Houston, The Fugees, Michael Jackson, Lauryn Hill, Dizzee Rascal, Tina Turner, Amy Winehouse
Sinéad Harnett Facts
- She got her first big breakthrough after popular grime artist, Wiley, co-signed her. He had asked his fans for suggestions for a collaboration and eventually decided to feature Harnett in his single, Walk Away, from his album Chill Out Zone.
- While in the final year at college, Sinéad had created her YouTube account and Wiley had discovered a live video that she had put on her channel.
- However, she didn’t release her official debut single, Got Me, until 2013, which was then released via Black Butter Records.
- While growing up, she often used to perform Michael Jackson’s Bad, Thriller and Dirty Diana in the living room of her home. She used to imagine that her performance was being watched on by millions.
- Although she used to find singing therapeutic, she didn’t start singing in public till the age of 16 or 17.
- Her mother wanted her to pursue academics rather than singing. She also managed to push Harnett to get enrolled in a college. But, Harnett responded by rebelling and opted to study acting instead of psychology.
- At the Arts University College Bournemouth, they used to organize talent shows every year and Harnett made it a point to participate every year.
- While studying in college, she also used to work as a singing waitress who had to put her serving orders down at the table and sing for the customers.
- Early in her music career, she regularly used to perform at Jewish weddings as a member of a functional band.
- While in college, she had formed a small girl band called Black Thai. The symbol of their band was a black tie because the other member was black, while Harnett had Thai ancestry.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Soundcloud.
Featured Image by Sinéad Harnett / Instagram