|Casey Donovan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1988|
Casey Donovan is an Australian singer, songwriter, actor, theatre artist, and author who rose to acclaim as the winner of the 2nd season of the singing competition show Australian Idol in 2004. Over the years, she has released albums and tracks such as For You, Off the Grid & Somewhere in Between, Eye 2 Eye, Flow, Listen with Your Heart, What’s Going On, Proud, Last Regret, Lonely, You Are Not Alone (with Adam Brand), The Villain, and Big, Beautiful & S*xy. Moreover, Casey Donovan has also been a part of many other projects which include the likes of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, Blind Date, Fusion With Casey Donovan, Have You Been Paying Attention?, All Star Family Feud, Show Me the Movie!, Celebrity Name Game, Who Do You Think You Are?, Australia Decides, How to Stay Married, and Hughesy, We Have a Problem.
Condell Park, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Casey Donovan studied at the Bass Hill Public School and Georges Hall Primary. Later, she attended Condell Park High, where her passion for music began to grow and got noticed. So in 2004, Casey transferred to the Australian Institute of Music in Sydney.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Theatre Artist, Author
- Father – Merv Donovan
- Mother – Tracy Axford
- Others – Norm Axford (Stepfather)
Casey Donovan has been managed by –
- Hansen Creative Management, Talent Agency, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Jason Williamson Management, Talent Management Company, New South Wales, Australia
- The Harbour Agency, New South Wales, Australia for bookings
Pop, Rock, Folk
- Sony BMG (2004-2006)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
103 kg or 227 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
In an interview, Casey admitted that she had been in a fake relationship for 6 years with a fake person named Campbell since 2004 invented by her so-called ‘best friend’ Olga, who later confessed about it to all. Casey said that she spent 6 years loving the person ‘who never really existed’.
Race / Ethnicity
Casey is half-Aboriginal.
- Curly hair
- She has tattoos on her hand.
Casey Donovan was featured in the commercial for Coles Supermarket “Down Down” campaign in 2017.
Best Known For
- Winning season 2 of the Australian Idol, at the tender age of 16 years, making her the youngest winner at that time
- Participating and winning the 3rd season of the Australian version of I‘m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! in March 2017, making her the first-ever “Queen of the Jungle”
- Winning the Best Supporting Actress award at the 4th Daegu International Music Festival Awards in 2010, for her role as Cynthia in a musical stage production of The Sapphires
On December 13, 2004, Casey’s first album For You was released by Sony BMG. The album was produced by Bryon Jones and debuted at #2 on the Australian ARIA Albums Chart. The album had 11 tracks that included the hit single “Listen With Your Heart”. Also, it was certified ‘3× Platinum’ by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA).
First TV Show
In August 2004, she made her first television show appearance in the 2nd season of the popular TV series Australian Idol and went on to become the winner of the show.
Casey Donovan has struggled with weight for the most part of her life. She started losing weight after she embarked on the journey in the reality TV show I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
She lost 17 kgs while on the show, bringing down her weight to 132 kgs. But, because of her incautious eating habits, she gained back 7 kgs in just 6 weeks after the show. She then took up the Weight Loss Coaching Works (WLCW) program with Ben Physick.
Her program mainly consisted of walking 15,000 steps a day and focusing on “real” foods such as lots of fruit, vegetables, and proteins, and having just the right amount of carbohydrates that the body requires to survive. Casey managed to lose 36 kgs with the help of this routine.
Casey Donovan Favorite Things
- Film – Whale Rider
- Place – Home with family and friends
- Play – Flower Children: The Story of the Mamas and Papas
Source – NCIE.org
Casey Donovan Facts
- Her greatest inspiration in life is her mother and stepfather.
- For her songs, she finds inspiration from people, places, emotions, anger, etc.
- When she is in a bad mood, she goes to bed and turns off her phone.
- The thing she does best is making people smile.
- To chill out, she plays the guitar, watches TV, goes for a walk, or annoys her dog.
- Casey made her debut as a theatre actor in Miracle In Brisbane for the Brisbane Festival in October 2009.
- She is the ambassador for APRA/AMCOS.
- She is an active supporter of the National Centre of Indigenous Excellence.
- She appeared as a contestant on Australia Decides in 2020.
- In 2021, she started playing the recurring role of Luna Keys in the television comedy-drama series How to Stay Married. It stars Peter Helliar, Lisa McCune, Darren Gilshenan, Nikki Britton, Phil Lloyd, Willow Ryan-Fuller, and Vivien Turner.
- Visit her official website @ caseydonovan.com.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0