|Elle Varner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Elle Varner is an American singer who shot to fame after releasing her first album titled Perfectly Imperfect in August 2012 following the release of her single Only Wanna Give It to You. The album debuted at the 4th position on the US Billboard Hot 200. She won the Grammy Awards in 2017 for being the songwriter of the “Best Rap Album”.
Gabrielle Serene Varner
Brooklyn, New York, United States
New York, United States
She attended Alexander Hamilton High School. Then she earned the much sought after spot in New York University’s Clive Davis Department of Recorded Music that has accepted a maximum of 24 students per year and she graduated in 2008. She also went to the Tisch School of the Arts.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-instrumentalist
- Father – Jimmy Varner (Songwriter, Producer & Multi-instrumentalist)
- Mother – Mikelyn Roderick (Singer, Songwriter)
R&B, Soul, Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Flute, Drums, Bass Guitar
- eOne RCA
- J Records
- MBK Entertainment
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Iman Shumpert (2012-2013) – She was in a relationship with the New York Knicks basketball player Iman Shumpert.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of African, American, Swedish, and Cape Verdean descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Fuller lips
- Cheerful smile
Elle Varner Favorite Things
- Major Influences – Ella Fitzgerald, Kanye West, Adele
- Draws Inspiration From – Her hometown of Los Angeles due to the nostalgia about the place and in particular West Coast rap, N.W.A being a part of her growing up
- Guilty Pleasure – Reading blogs of all kinds
Elle Varner Facts
- She was born into a musical family. Her parents along with Stan Sheppard had made the group By All Means which had a little success.
- Most of her childhood days were spent sleeping on studio couches, going around green rooms, and witnessing her parents struggle to make a name in the industry.
- At the age of 6, Elle started to play musical instruments beginning with the flute.
- When she was 16 years old, she picked up a guitar for the first time.
- Elle joined the Academy of Music’s Vocal Jazz Group in her school and there she wrote her first song named Thankful. She played the song with only one string on the guitar and won a local talent show.
- She has despised air conditioning and has avoided using it even if the weather has been very hot as it has seemed unnatural to her.
Featured Image by Elle Varner / Instagram