|JoJo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 20, 1990|
JoJo is an American singer, songwriter, and actress who first caught the attention of record producer Vincent Herbert in 2003 as he noticed her after she competed on the television show America’s Most Talented Kids. Soon after began JoJo’s musical career and she had sold more than 7 million records worldwide by the year 2007. Over the years, she has released a number of albums, tracks, mixtapes, and EPs like Good to Know, Mad Love, Can’t Take That Away from Me, Too Little Too Late, Baby It’s You (featuring Bow Wow), Leave (Get Out), FAB. (featuring Remy Ma), December Baby, American Mood, Man, Not That Kinda Girl, and The High Road. In addition to her musical pursuits, she has also been cast in acting roles in projects including True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet, Aquamarine, Developing Sheldon, American Dreams, Hawaii Five-0, Lethal Weapon, G.B.F., and RV.
Joanna Noëlle Levesque
Brattleboro, Vermont, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She graduated from high school in August 2009.
Later, she was accepted into Northeastern University where she planned to major in cultural anthropology.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Father – Joel Maurice Levesque
- Mother – Diana Levesque (née Blagden) (Used to sing in a Catholic church choir)
- Siblings – She is an only child.
- Others – Maurice Henri/Henry Levesque (Paternal Grandfather), Irene Marion Fortier (Paternal Grandmother), Eugene Thomas Blagden (Maternal Grandfather), Sonja J. Granskie (Maternal Grandmother)
She is signed to these agencies –
- Chris Smith Management Inc.
- Spectrum Talent Agency
Pop, R&B, Hip Hop, Soul
Blackground Records, Da Family, Interscope Records, Streamline, Atlantic Records, Universal Motown Records, Clover Music, Warner Records Inc.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
56 kg or 123½ lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
JoJo has dated –
- Freddy Adu (2005-2006) – After meeting American soccer player, Freddy Adu at the MTV show Fake ID Club, she dated him from May 2005 to September 2006.
- Jeremiah McConico (2008) – In September 2008, she started dating recording artist Jeremiah McConico. They split later on.
- Dexter Darden – JoJo got engaged to actor Dexter Darden in December 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
JoJo is of French-Canadian descent on her father’s side and has Irish, English, Scottish, and Polish roots on her mother’s side.
- Sex appeal
- Occasionally wears piercing on her left eyebrow
37-27-35 in or 94-68.5-89 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
In August 2011, she became the face of HeartSoul clothing Fall / Winter collection.
She became the spokeswoman for Clearasil’s PerfectaWash in December 2011.
Best Known For
Her songs such as “Leave (Get Out),” “Too Little Too Late” and others.
The singer released her debut album, JoJo, on June 22, 2004, via Blackground Entertainment and Universal Music. The album received positive reviews and consisted of 14 singles, giving it a total length of over 52 minutes.
It peaked at #4 on US Billboard 200, which got certified as ‘Platinum.’ More than 4 million copies of the album were sold worldwide.
She debuted with the 2002 drama movie Developing Sheldon for her role as Young Elizabeth.
First TV Show
In 1998, JoJo appeared in season 1 of the comedy series Kids Say the Darndest Things as herself (contestant).
JoJo finds time for the workout. As per her interview with SELF, she exercises 5 days a week. JoJo does cardio daily and strength training is generally done 3 times a week.
The singer sometimes gets bored and does Pilates, yoga, and even boxing.
Working out, while on a tour, can get difficult for JoJo, if she is not able to find a hotel with a gym. There is no fixed timeline or schedule for her to exercise. She works out, whenever she finds the time – morning, afternoon, or evening.
You can peek into the workout of JoJo via this video.
Her diet plan is something like this –
- Breakfast – Oatmeal with Splenda (artificial sweetener), raisins, coffee
- Lunch – Mexican / Indian food
- Dinner – Soup, chicken salad
JoJo Favorite Things
- Healthy Snack – Whole-grain goldfish, dry fruits, nuts, popcorn
- Indulgence – Ice cream sandwich
- Gadget – Coffee Maker
- Lost JoJo Song – Limbo
Source – SELF.com, Idolator.com
- JoJo was born in Vermont but grew up in Keene (in New Hampshire) and Foxborough (in Massachusetts).
- JoJo has a dog, named, Sugarpie.
- JoJo was born to a family, who was not financially rich. She was raised in a one-bedroom apartment by her mother (as her parents split when she was 4).
- She is the only biological child of her parents.
- JoJo is her childhood nickname.
- Her mother is a trained musical theater artist. Her father used to sing as a hobby.
- In 2013, JoJo sued her record label Blackground Entertainment for not releasing her third studio album. She won the case and was released from the contract. She then signed with Atlantic Records. This is the reason for the long gap between her second (which was released in 2006) and third studio album.
- She supports many charities such as She’s the First, World Vision, etc.
- She is an avid fan of the baseball team Red Sox.
- Eminem has mentioned JoJo in his song “Ass Like That”.
- At 2, she started singing.
- She lost her virginity at 14.
- On May 1, 2020, she released her 4th studio album, Good to Know, which was placed at number #4 on the UK R&B Albums (OCC) chart, at number #19 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #33 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In May 2021, JoJo released a new song Creature of Habit which is about the addiction to the habit of a relationship.