|Sneha Deepthi Quick Info
|5 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|September 10, 1996
Sneha Deepthi is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented her country in the shorter formats of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a top-order batter. As of August 2022, she had played a solitary ODI and 2 T20Is – all in April 2013 and all against Bangladesh. In the Indan domestic circuit, she has played for her home state of Andhra (2008-09–2015-16; 2021-22–Present) across all 3 formats. She made quite a splash in July 2022 when she posted some clips on Instagram which showed that she was back on the domestic circuit after taking a break from cricket due to her desire to focus on her personal/married life and later spend enough time with her newborn daughter. She stated that would be leaving no stone unturned in her bid to earn back a place in the Indian senior national women’s cricket team.
Vootala Sneha Deepthi
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Andhra Pradesh, India
- Father – Her father used to work at the Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, a government-owned steel-producing facility.
- Siblings – Ramya Deepika (Younger Sister). She also has an older brother and a younger brother.
Right-Arm Off Break
7 – One Day International (ODI)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sneha has dated –
- Philip Maddirala (2019-Present) – Sneha and Philip Maddirala got married in October 2019 and the couple has a daughter together named Kriva (b. February 2021). Sneha has credited Philip with encouraging her to get back on the cricket field once again, after her pregnancy. Philip used to regularly emphasize the fact that she was only in her mid-20s and could still chalk out a successful career, even at the international level.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Cheerful smile
Sneha Deepthi Facts
- Although Sneha was not too inclined towards any sports as a child, she used to play casual street cricket with her father and brother.
- Her father noticed a spark in her and insisted that she took the game seriously. By the time she reached 4th grade, her father had enrolled her and her younger sister in a cricket coaching class.
- The family even shifted to another suburb of Visakhapatnam to ensure that the girls could continue to receive proper training and avail the facilities at the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, a multi-purpose stadium in Visakhapatnam that is primarily used for international cricket matches.
- In 2013, she scored 203 runs not out in a senior women’s inter-district match to become the first cricketer from the Andhra women’s cricket team to score a double century.
- In April 2013, aged 16 years and 204 days, Sneha became the then youngest player to have represented the Indian national team in a women’s T20I match.
- In August 2015, she recorded a massive knock of 350 runs in a league match of the ACA (Andhra Cricket Association) North Zone inter-district women’s tournament. This was the then highest individual score by a female cricketer in an ACA tournament. For good measure, she also picked up 2 wickets for just 4 runs in that match.
Featured Image by Sneha Deepthi / Instagram