|Sooyoung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1990|
Sooyoung is a South Korean singer and actress. She is best known for being a member of the South Korean girl group, Girls’ Generation. Apart from the group, she has also worked on several other projects as a singer and actress and has been a part of shows like The Third Hospital, Dating Agency: Cyrano, My Spring Days, Squad 38, and Man in the Kitchen. She has a strong social media fan base with over 5.5 million followers on Instagram.
Shik shin, NaSoo (Interrupter), DJ Syoung, Sooyoung
Gwangju, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Sooyoung attended the JeongShin Women’s High School from where she graduated in 2009. She further went on to study at Chung-Ang University and graduated with a major in film studies in 2016.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Father – Her father is the president of a trading company.
- Siblings – Choi Soo-jin (Older Sister) (Theatre Actress)
Until October 2017, she was represented by SM Entertainment.
K-Pop, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, R&B, EDM
- Echo Global Group
- Until 2017, she was signed up with SM Entertainment and Interscope Records.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
52 kg or 114 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sooyoung has dated –
- Jung Kyung-ho (2013-Present) – Sooyoung is dating her longtime boyfriend actor Jung Kyung-ho. They have known each other for a very long time and their relationship was made public in January 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Sooyoung has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Korean chicken chain Goobne Chicken
- Samantha Thavasa
- Domino’s Pizza
- SK II
Best Known For
- Being a member of the South Korean girl group, Girls’ Generation
- Being a member of a short-lived duo called Route θ
With the girl group Girls’ Generation, Sooyoung released her first studio album, Girls’ Generation, in November 2007.
Sooyoung made her theatrical film debut as Jeong Da-jeong in the movie, Hello, Schoolgirl, in 2008.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on comedy-variety show Unstoppable Marriage in 2007.
Sooyoung Favorite Things
- Ice Cream Flavor – Mint Chocolate
- Food – Spicy Cabbages
- Season – Winter
- Number – 8
- She and her fellow Girls’ Generation artist, Kwon Yuri, attended the same university i.e. Chung-Ang University.
- Sooyoung auditioned for SM Entertainment at an open audition when she was in 5th grade.
- In 2002, she participated in Korea-Japan Ultra Idol Duo Audition winning the first position. This led her to become a part of the musical duo, Route θ, along with Marina Takahashi and they made their official debut in Japan.
- The group, Route θ, was disbanded in 2003 after releasing 3 singles and Sooyoung returned to South Korea and signed up with SM Entertainment.
- She made her official debut with the South Korean girl group, Girls’ Generation, in August 2007.
- Apart from singing, she also has a passion for acting and before debuting as a singer, she had given over 70 auditions but unfortunately got rejected every time.
- Sooyoung has also worked on various music and acting projects other than the ones with Girls’ Generation.
- She is also active in charity and has organized auctions called ‘Beaming Effect’ multiple times. The proceeds from the auction go to the research work for finding a cure for retinitis pigmentosa, a disease her father suffers from.
- She is fluent in Japanese.
- She is a huge baseball and Harry Potter fan.
- Follow Sooyoung on Instagram.
Featured Image by Pabian / Tistory / CC BY 4.0