|Steve Jocz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1981|
Steve Jocz is a Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, actor, music video director, and realtor who is known for being the former drummer of the rock band, Sum 41, which he formed in 1996 alongside guitarist Deryck Whibley, bassist Richard Roy, and vocalist Jon Marshall. Apart from that, he has also established himself as a successful realtor.
Stephen Martin Jocz
Steve, Stevo 32, Pain, Stevo Jocz, Stevo 3200, Stiv Dzhoz
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Steve Jocz studied at Exeter High School, a public high school located in Exeter, New Hampshire, from where he graduated in the year 1999.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Music Video Director, Actor, Realtor
- Father – Phil Jocz
- Mother – Marg Jocz
- Siblings – Jenn Jocz (Sister)
Punk Rock, Pop Punk, Melodic Hardcore, Alternative Rock, Heavy Metal
Drums, Percussion, Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Island Records, Aquarius Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steve Jocz has dated –
- Jessy Moss (2008-Present) – He got married to singer and rapper, Jessy Moss, in November 2008 and they have since been together. In April 2011, the duo welcomed their first child together, a son who can often be seen in Steve’s social media uploads.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Often wears glasses
- Tall stature
Steve Jocz Facts
- Being a member of Sum 41, Steve Jocz released his debut extended play titled Half Hour of Power on June 27, 2000, via The Island Def Jam Music Group. It consisted of songs such as Makes No Difference, Ride the Chariot to the Devil (Instrumental), and Dave’s Possessed Hair/It’s What We’re All About and the EP was ranked at number #36 in the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart.
- He released his first studio album, All Killer No Filler, as a member of Sum 41 on May 7, 2001. The album took inspiration from the likes of Rancid, Elvis Costello, the Beatles, and Pennywise and included tracks such as Motivation, Fat Lip, In Too Deep, Crazy Amanda Bunkface, and Pain for Pleasure.
- Steve Jocz worked alongside singer Avril Lavigne on her 3rd studio album titled The Best Damn Thing. His credits included drumming on the songs One of Those Girls and Contagious.
- He announced via Facebook and Twitter on April 18, 2013, that he was no longer a member of Sum 41.
- As a realtor, he has worked with the Paul Kaplan Group and has also listed drumming for Sum 41 as his first job.
- His credits as a video director include having worked on songs like Change For You by The Midway State, No Way But the Hard Way by Airbourne, Sailing by The Strumbellas, and Starstrukk by 3OH!3.
- Over the years, Steve Jocz has appeared on many shows including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, King of the Hill, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Last Call with Carson Daly, and Comedy Bang! Bang!.
Featured Image by Steve Jocz / Instagram