|Steve Kazee Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1975|
Steve Kazee is an American actor best known for receiving the Tony Award in 2012 and The Grammy award in 2013 for his Broadway musical Once. He has also attracted attention for his relationship with Jenna Dewan. He is also a singer and has provided vocals to songs like Leave, Falling Slowly, Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy, and Say It to Me Now.
Steven Michael Kazee
Ashland, Kentucky, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Steve went to the Fairview High School and later attended the Morehead State University. He went on to get his master’s degree in fine arts from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts through Graduate Acting Program.
- Mother – Reba Kazee
Steve is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steve has dated –
- Christina Perri
- Michelle Beadle – In 2015, Steve and Italian TV host and sideline reporter, Michelle Beadle, made their relationship public in an ESPN interview. It was speculated that they had been dating for a while. However, their romance faded out and they parted ways in December 2016.
- Jenna Dewan (2018-Present) – Steve started dating actress Jenna Dewan in October 2018. As per an article in October 2018, the stars attended Mike Meldman’s Casamigos Halloween party on October 26, 2018, and were openly showing their PDA. In September 2019, they revealed that they were expecting their first child together. They announced their engagement in February 2020 and their son, Callum Michael Rebel, was born on March 6, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and pepper beard and mustache
Best Known For
- Receiving the Tony Award in 2012 and The Grammy in 2013 for his Broadway musical Once
- His relationship with Channing Tatum‘s ex-wife and actress Jenna Dewan
As a Singer
Steve has provided his vocals to various songs such as Leave, Falling Slowly, Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy, Say It to Me Now, When Your Mind’s Made Up, and many more.
First TV Show
Steve made his first TV show appearance on Conviction as Dumas Shepherd in 2006.
Steve keeps himself fit through a number of physical activities. As per an Instagram post in October 2018, he was indulging in boxing. The actor also seems to love to go hiking especially with his dogs.
Steve Kazee Favorite Things
- Entertainment Shows – Drag Shows
Source – Broadway
Steve Kazee Facts
- He moved to New York to get a master’s degree in fine arts.
- In 2012, he received the Tony Award in the ‘Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical’ category for his role in Once. He also won the Grammy Award in the ‘Best Musical Theater Album’ category for the Broadway show Once in 2013.
- He has also made appearances on TV shows such as NBC’s Blindspot where he played Clem Hahn and in Nashville portraying Riff Bell.
- Steve is a dog lover and owns two dogs named Violet and Stella with whom he posts pictures on his Instagram on a regular basis.
- Steve also claims himself to be a ‘proud feminist’ and attended the Women’s March in New Orleans in January 2017.
- In May 2017, his family home in Kentucky burned down to ashes. Everyone present in the house escaped with minor injuries except for their dog named Frankie. In a tweet, he revealed that all the home possessions were completely destroyed by the fire.
- In one of his interviews, he said that as a straight man, he loves going to gay bars because people there love to dance and he also loves drag shows.
Featured Image by Steve Kazee / Instagram