|Christina Perri Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Christina Perri is an American singer and songwriter who has gained popularity with her song A Thousand Years, the love theme for the film The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012). In addition to that, she has also released several other tracks, extended plays, and albums which include the likes of The Ocean Way Sessions, Head or Heart, Lovestrong, A Very Merry Perri Christmas, Jar of Hearts, Distance (featuring Jason Mraz), Burning Gold, and Human.
Christina Judith Perri
Bensalem, Pennsylvania, United States
In 2004, Christina graduated from Archbishop Ryan High School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Perri also went to Nazareth Academy High School.
- Father – Dante Perri
- Mother – Mary Perri
- Siblings – Nick Perri (Older Brother) (Lead guitarist, songwriter, producer)
She has been signed with Patriot Management, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Pop, pop-rock, adult contemporary, folk
Vocals, guitar, piano
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christina Perri has dated –
- John Michael Andersson
- Steve Kazee – Previously, she was in a relationship with actor and singer Steve Kazee.
- Martin Johnson – She was romantically involved with singer Martin Johnson in the past.
- Chandler Parsons (2014-2015) – From September 2014 to January 2015, she was romantically linked with basketball player Chandler Parsons. He is roughly 1 foot 4 inches taller than her.
- Paul Costabile – In June 2017, Christina got engaged to her long-time partner, Paul Costabile. On December 12, 2017, the duo got married. The couple welcomed their first child together, daughter Carmella Stanley Costabile (b. January 17, 2018). In July 2020, she revealed that she was expecting a second child with Paul. Sadly, the child, their 2nd daughter, was born silent and declared dead in November 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian roots on her father’s side and is of Polish descent on her mother’s side.
Lots of tattoos on her body
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands, but her song “Arms” was featured in the film Safe Haven (2013).
She has also appeared in a couple of commercials.
Christina was raised as Catholic. But now, she might not be following it.
Best Known For
Her songs like “Jar of Hearts”, “Arms”, “A Thousand Years”, “Human”, etc.
She released her first album Lovestrong on May 10, 2011, via Atlantic Records. She was able to sell more than 1,500,000 copies of the album worldwide.
The album received mixed reviews from music critics and was ranked at number #4 on the US Billboard 200 chart, at number #5 on the Australian Albums Chart, and at number #9 on the UK Albums Chart.
First TV Show
In 2010, she was a guest performer at So You Think You Can Dance and, hence, she appeared in just 1 episode.
Christina focuses more on her diet. In order to remain full of energy for the concerts and protect her voice, she has to watch what she eats.
Christina starts her day with a protein shake which includes different ingredients daily such as strawberry, acai berry, coconut milk, peaches, whey protein, peanut butter, and hemp antioxidants. She eats after every 2-3 hours. Perri also eats Mrs. May’s Nut Clusters whenever she feels hungry.
Christina also exercises at Equinox gym in New York with her trainer Joey Rubino. They together shared a 30-minute full-body workout for the fans. Check out on Seventeen.
Christina is also obsessed with SoulCycle and prefers to do it whenever she finds time.
Christina Perri Favorite Things
- Song – Flightless Bird, American Mouth (By Iron and Wine)
- Album – August and Everything After (By Counting Crows)
- Celebrity – Paul McCartney
- Restaurant – The 101 Cafe in L.A
- Book – The Perks of Being a Wallflower (By Stephen Chbosky)
- Movie – The Godfather (1972)
- Store – Wasteland in L.A.
- Pet – Lexi Perri (Her family pug)
- Musical Gear / Instrument – Her black acoustic Taylor guitar
- Gadget – Blender (which she uses to make protein shake)
- Quote – The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return (By Moulin Rouge)
Source – Spin.com
Christina Perri Facts
- When Christina was 16, she herself learned to play guitar by watching rock band Blind Melon’s Shannon Hoon videos.
- She is very good friends with Canadian TV presenter, Keltie Knight.
- On her 21st birthday, Christina relocated to Los Angeles.
- Before starting her singing career professionally, she has worked at a Melrose Cafe, LA.
- She is a Democrat politically.
- On April 1, 2014, she released her 2nd studio album, Head or Heart, via Atlantic Records and it included songs like Burning Gold, Human, I Don’t Wanna Break, Run, Shot Me in the Heart, Sea of Lovers, and Lonely Child. The album was placed at the 4th spot on the US Billboard 200 chart and at the 8th spot on the UK Albums (OCC) chart. Also, it was certified ‘Gold’ by the United States (RIAA).
- The band Beatles have had a big impact/influence on her singing career. She used to listen to them while growing up and it has helped her to improve her pop songwriting skills.
- On March 2, 2016, Christina was 4 years sober as revealed by her on Instagram. She doesn’t like to do drugs and drink.
- In January 2020, she had revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage, 11 weeks into her second pregnancy.