|Sudha Chandran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1965|
Sudha Chandran is an Indian actress and an accomplished dancer who has worked in numerous films and TV shows across languages like Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Bengali, and Marathi. In May 1981, she met with a severe road accident, while on her way to a temple pilgrimage, which led to her right leg being amputated and fitted with a prosthetic Jaipur Foot. Despite the obvious discomfort, she returned to dancing 2 years later and established herself as one of the pre-eminent Bharatanatyam dancers in India. She began her film career with the 1985 Telugu-language film Mayuri which was based on her life. The film’s popularity led to it being dubbed in Tamil and Malayalam and then being remade in Hindi with the title Naache Mayuri, where she again reprised her lead role. She was honored with the ‘Special Jury Award’ at the 1986 National Film Awards for her performance in Mayuri.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
After her high school graduation, Sudha earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amruthben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai. She later attained a Master’s degree in Economics.
- Father – K.D. Chandran (Actor)
- Mother – Thangam Chandran
She is represented by Ayman Entertainment, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sudha has dated –
- Ravi Dang (1991–Present) – Sudha met assistant director Ravi Dang on the sets of the 1992 film Seeta Salma Suzy and they began dating soon after. The couple got married in 1994.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Tamil descent.
- Affable smile
- Mildly stocky frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
Sudha Chandran Facts
- A polyglot, Sudha is fluent in English, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi, Telugu, and Kannada.
- Her inspirational life story has been taught as a part of school curricula to children in the age group of 8 to 11, in several school boards across India. She was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Invertis University in Bareilly, India.
- In 2005, she won an Indian Television Academy (ITA) award in the category of ‘Best Actress in a Negative Role’ for her portrayal of the character Vasundhara Malik in the Hindi-language TV drama series Tumhari Disha.
- She has served as a judge on several dance-based reality TV series such as Super Dancer (2008, Malayalam), Marathi Taraaka (2012, Marathi), Uggram Ujjwalam (2013, Malayalam), Dance Jodi Dance (2016-17, Tamil), and Zee Dance League (2017-18, Tamil).
- She runs a dance school in Mumbai called the Natya Mayuri Sudha Chandran Dance Academy.
Featured Image by Sudha Chandran / Instagram