|Summer Glau Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¼ in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1981|
Summer Glau is an American actress who came to prominence in mid-2002 for her role as River Tam in Firefly and her recurring role in its sequel Serenity (2005).
Summer Lyn Glau
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Summer spent her grade 3 to 12 being Homeschooled and according to sources, she was taught by her mother Mari.
- Father – Mark Glau (General Contractor)
- Mother – Mari Glau (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Kaitlin (Younger Sister), Christie (Younger Sister)
Summer is represented by United Talent Agency and MGMT. Entertainment.
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Glau has dated –
- Val Morrison (2014-Present) – The couple tied the knot with one another in 2014. She has 2 daughters named Milena Jo Morrison (b. January 26, 2015) and Sunny Izabo Morrison (b. October 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
Summer has Alsatian German, Swiss-German, English ancestry on her father’s side and English, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Irish, and Welsh ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Lean build
- She mostly plays characters that are mentally disturbed roles.
She has appeared in various commercials including Visit California.
Summer Glau Facts
- She was brought up in San Antonio alongside her younger sister.
- Glau’s parents named her “Summer” because she was born during the summer season.
- Summer is trained in ballet, tango, and flamenco dance style. She also received a scholarship to a ballet company in the past. Despite all of that, her dance career was cut short due to a toe injury.
- She moved to Los Angeles in 2002, in an effort to build a career in performing arts. The same year, Summer booked her debut TV show appearance as a Prima Ballerina the show Angel.
- Initially, she had auditioned for the role of White Wild Force Ranger Alyssa Enrilé in Power Rangers Wild Force, however, the role was given actress Jessica Rey.
- Besides her appearance on the Firefly franchise, Summer has had major roles in various films and shows such as Tess Doerner in The 4400 (2005–2007), Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008–2009), Bennett Halverson in Dollhouse (2009–2010), Skylar Adams in Alphas (2011–2012), and Isabel Rochev/Ravager in Arrow (2013–2014).
- She prefers to be barefoot while shooting for her films and shows.
- In 2019, Summer was cast as Miss Jones in Netflix’s Wu Assassins.
- She has won a number of awards with time including the SFX Award and a Saturn Award.
- In her free time, she loves to watch cooking shows. Other than that, Summer also likes to attend conventions.
- She was listed on Wizard magazine’s Sexiest Women of TV list at #8th place in March 2008. In 2011, Glau made it on to the FHM list of 100 Sexiest Women in the World and in 2014, Summer was listed on the Hot 100 by Maxim at #63.
- Summer once stated that prior to her being featured on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles in 2008, she had never seen any of the Terminator fictional universe films.
Featured Image By Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0