|Sunidhi Chauhan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1983|
Sunidhi Chauhan is an Indian playback singer who has performed more than 150 songs since the start of her career in 1996. A few of the most popular songs that she has lent her vocals too are Sheila Ki Jawani, Kamli, Bhaage Re Mann, Crazy Kiya Re, Darkhaast, Dhoom Machale, Chor Bazaari, and Sajna Ve Sajna.
New Delhi, India
Sunidhi attended Greenway Modern School in Delhi. However, after completing her schooling, she did not study further in order to pursue her passion for singing.
She was trained under the careful guidance of Gautam Mukherjee in classical singing.
Indian Playback Singer
- Father – Dushyant Kumar Chauhan (Theatre Personality)
- Siblings – Suneha Chauhan (Younger Sister)
She is represented by 7Entertainment.
Pop, R&B, Filmi, Indian Classical Music
She has released her music with various labels including Times Music.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sunidhi has dated –
- Bobby Khan (2002-2003) – After her marriage to Bobby Khan in 2002, she was disowned by her parents. However, after her marriage ended in 2003, Sunidhi’s parents and she reconciled.
- Hitesh Sonik – She married music composer Hitesh Sonik on April 24, 2012. They had their first child named Tegh on January 1, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cleft chin
- Heart-shaped lips
Sunidhi Chauhan Facts
- She was brought up in Dilshad Garden in Delhi.
- Her mother is a homemaker, who influenced Sunidhi to pursue a career in music.
- She was only 4 years old when she started participating in various competitions and events after having been convinced by her father’s friends.
- Sunidhi is a self-taught singer.
- She was discovered by actress and talk show host Tabassum and was asked to perform on her show Tabassum Hit Parade. Tabassum then convinced her parents to relocate to Mumbai when she was 11 years old.
- Sunidhi was introduced to Indian film musicians Kalyanji Virji Shah and Anandji Virji Shah. Also, it was Kalyanji who changed her name to ‘Sunidhi’ as he found it to be a lucky name.
- Sunidhi was made the lead singer of Kalyanji’s academy Little Wonders troupe.
- Initially, she was offered various roles in shows, however, her father wanted her to only sing.
- The first film song that she sang was Ladki Deewani Dekho for the film Shastra (1996).
- As an actress, she has also appeared in a number of films such as Bhoot, Hawaa Hawaai, and Rangoon.
- The first singing contest that she took part in was Meri Awaz Suno on DD National. She was also honored the Lata Mangeshkar Trophy for “the best female singer of India”.
- Sunidhi enjoys performing songs with a western mix to them.
- She credited singer Lata Mangeshkar and her father as her influences.
- Sunidhi is often compared to the likes of contemporary singer Shreya Ghoshal.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0