|Sumeet Vyas Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1983|
Sumeet Vyas is an Indian actor and writer who has worked extensively in theatre productions and web series and has acted in quite a few films and TV series in supporting roles. Although he had worked in about 10 films and 5 TV series by 2014, he only came into the spotlight later that year with the release of the TVF (The Viral Fever productions) romantic comedy web series titled Permanent Roommates. The series became a big hit with the youth and Sumeet’s quirky portrayal of the goofy-yet-adorable protagonist Mikesh Chaudhary made him a cult icon. He is also well recognized for his work in films such as English Vinglish (2012), Parched (2015), Ribbon (2017), and Veere Di Wedding (2018); and TV series such Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein (2009-2010) and Chandragupta Maurya (2011-2012). Other than Permanent Roommates (2014, 2016), he has starred in popular web series such as TVF Tripling (2016, 2019), Official Chukyagiri (2016), Official CEOgiri (2018), RejctX (2019), and The Verdict – State vs Nanavati (2019). As a writer, he has co-written the scripts for both the seasons of TVF Tripling as well as the script for the 2015 web series Bang Baaja Baaraat, which was produced by Y-Films, a subsidiary of the renowned Indian production house Yash Raj Films (YRF).
Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sumeet, after his high school graduation, had attended the Rishi Dayaram and Seth Hassaram National College and Seth Wassiamull Assomull Science College in Mumbai. He had, however, left his course midway to pursue a career as a writer and actor.
- Father – B.M Vyas (Writer)
- Mother – Sudha Vyas
- Siblings – Shruti Vyas (Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Namit Das (Brother-in-Law) (Actor), Bharti Kaul (Sister-in-Law)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sumeet has dated –
- Shivani Tanksale (2010–2017) – Sumeet got married to fellow theatre actress Shivani Tanksale in 2010 and the pair got divorced in 2017.
- Ekta Kaul (2018-Present) – The following year, on September 15, 2018, Sumeet married TV actress Ekta Kaul. They have a son together named Ved Vyas.
Race / Ethnicity
- Lanky frame
- Affable smile
- Often sports a trimmed goatee
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
Sumeet has been featured in the web and TV commercials for brands, products, and services such as –
- Dabur Lal Tel
- Britannia 50 50
Sumeet Vyas Favorite Things
- Fashion Designers – Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Shantanu Mehra, Nikhil Mehra, Tom Ford
- Style Icon – Leonardo DiCaprio
- Movie – Agneepath (1990)
Source – Lifestyle Asia
Sumeet Vyas Facts
- Born in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Sumeet had moved to Mumbai at the age of 5 when his family had relocated there.
- As a schoolkid, although he had wished to become either a computer engineer or pilot, he was also highly interested in acting and writing, inspired by his father who was a well-known screenwriter.
- Sumeet eventually dropped out of college and began working as an assistant editor, in a Mumbai film studio.
- He had acted in, written, and directed the 2014 short film Haircut. He had also contributed to the dialogues and script of the 2018 romantic comedy film Love Per Square Foot.
Featured Image by Sumeet Vyas / Instagram