|Susan Mikula Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1958|
Susan Mikula is an American artist and photographer who had held her first solo photography exhibition in 1998 after having worked in the art industry for years. Her published landscape photography collections have been displayed in solo and group exhibitions around the United States, including major cities like New York City, Miami, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. She is well known for her expertise in utilizing older technology to produce her photographs, using equipment like pinhole cameras and Polaroid cameras.
New Jersey, United States
She splits her time between West Village, Greenwich, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States; and West Cummington, Cummington, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, United States.
Susan, after her high school graduation, had joined Hampshire College, a private liberal arts college in Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Siblings – Her sister is a medical photographer based in Boston.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Susan has dated –
- Rachel Maddow (1999-Present) – Susan had first met TV news program host, author, and liberal political commentator Rachel Maddow in 1999 while the latter was working on her doctoral dissertation. She had hired Rachel to work on her yard and the couple had started dating soon after. Their first date was at the ‘Ladies’ Day on the Range’ event hosted by the NRA (National Rifle Association), a gun rights advocacy group based in the United States.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Stocky frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
Susan Mikula Facts
- Born in New Jersey, Susan and her family had shifted to New Hampshire while she was very young. During her early teenage years, she had started learning the art of photography on her own.
- A decade after her first solo photography exhibition in 1998, she had opened her first show in New York. In 2010, she had held her first photography show in San Francisco. It was titled American Device Recent Photographs.
- In 2011, she had exhibited a 3-part industrial landscape series titled American Bond that had included images of American scenery from multiple states including Texas, California, and Massachusetts.
- 2 years later, she had launched a new series of her works that was titled u.X. This was inspired by the Lascaux cave paintings which represent primarily large animals and local contemporary fauna that corresponds with the fossil record of the Upper Paleolithic age in Lascaux, near the village of Montignac, in the department of Dordogne in southwestern France.
- In 2015, she had released a series of psychologically enigmatic pigment prints titled Photo Book. In 2017, she had been made a member of the ‘Art in Embassies’ program launched by the United States Consulate in Nuevo Laredo. Some of her work was purchased by the United States Embassy there for their permanent collection.
- In November 2020, her partner Rachel Maddow had revealed, via social media, that Susan had been diagnosed with COVID-19. Her affliction was severe and Rachel had felt that she might lose Susan. She had eventually recovered after battling the disease for nearly 2 weeks.
Featured Image by Susan Mikula / Instagram