|Suvi Koponen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1988|
Suvi Maria Koponen
Vantaa, Finland, Europe
Sherman Oaks, California, USA
Fashion / Runway Model
Suvi is signed to these modeling agencies –
- Next Model Management – Paris
- Paparazzi Model Management – Helsinki
- Traffic Models – Barcelona
- Mega Model Agency – Hamburg
- Stockholmsgruppen Models
- IMM – Brussels
- Next Model Management – London
- Next Model Management – New York
- Next Model Management – Milan
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Koponen dated –
- Romain Zago (2007-2008) – American personality, who rose to fame after becoming Joanna Krupa’s boyfriend dated Koponen also in the past.
- Tyler Riggs (2009) – Suvi dated model turned actor, Tyler Riggs of America in 2009. The duo, after dating for a couple of years married in January 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
31-24-34 in or 79-61-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Suvi has walked the ramp and modeled for Anteprima, Balenciaga, Blumarine, Calvin Klein, CK by Calvin Klein, Emporio Armani, Gap, J Brand, Mulberry, Pringle of Scotland, Warehouse, Wunderkind.
Best Known For
Modeling. She became famous after winning the 2005 Mallikoulu (in English: Model School) contest in Finland.
First TV Show
She has appeared in a TV series, which is a talk show of Finland, titled Hyppönen Enbuske Experience for her role as herself on May 12, 2005, in season 4 and episode 28.
After that, she appeared in only fashion shows like Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2006, Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 2006, and like-wise.
She told to Vogue Italia –
“I have a personal trainer, I go to the gym twice a week. And I sleep a lot, above all before fashion weeks.”
“It really annoys me that people think every model has an eating disorder, and every model is dumb. Most of the girls are naturally skinny, like me. I don’t have to watch what I eat. I love eating! Especially ice-cream and salty snacks.”
“I love buying random things. I can’t even walk into a place without leaving with something I definitely won’t need.”
“I played the piano when I was young, but after a while I became bored playing all those classical pieces. Now I’m quite good and I pick out some songs that I hear on the radio, and I find it a marvelous concentration exercise.”
Suvi Koponen Favorite Things
- Food – Nuts, chips, cookies, candy
- Place – Maldives
- Designers / Stylists – Richard Chai, Marc Jacobs
- City – New York
- Music – Pop
Source – Vogue.it, WMagazine.com, Wikipedia
Suvi Koponen Facts
- She has tattooed no. “5” on the middle of her back. She has done so because 5 is her lucky number and also there are a total of 5 family members in her house.
- Australian fashion model, Catherine McNeil is her good friend.
- Suvi also has a tattoo “imported” under her breast, three lines on the left wrist, and “Cat” on the right hand. Cat stands for her friend, Catherine McNeil.
- She had appeared in a short movie “The Truth in Being Right” in 2012 for her role as Suzie.
- In August 2007, she was ranked third on the list of “The Top Ten Models to Watch This Fashion Week” by New York magazine.
- She had been named as one of the “Head Girls” by British Vogue in September 2007.
- She has graced numerous magazine covers for V Magazine (US) in 2009, Dazed & Confused (UK) in 2007, i-D (UK) in 2013, Vogue (France) in 2013, Elle (Finland) in 2010, Amica (Germany) in 2006, Vogue (Portugal) in 2008, Vogue (Russia) in 2013 and the list goes on.
- She never leaves her house without some sweets.
- She has three pet dogs.