|Sydney Leroux Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sydney Rae Leroux
Syd, Syd The Kid
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Sydney Leroux attended Johnston Heights Secondary School in her hometown of Surrey. However, in her junior year, she got enrolled at Horizon High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. The move was motivated by her desire to play for the US women’s national team.
After completing her high school education in 2008, she got admission at the University of California in Los Angeles from where she graduated in 2011.
Professional soccer player
- Father – Ray Chadwick (Former professional baseball player)
- Mother – Sandi Leroux (Played third base for Canadian national softball team)
- Siblings – Tye Leroux (Brother), Novara Leroux (Sister), Tory Leroux (Brother), Shayla Leroux (Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sydney Leroux has dated
- Dom Dwyer (2014-Present) – Sydney began dating soccer player Dom Dwyer in 2014. Like Sydney, Dom too had decided to pledge his allegiance to the US national team in spite of having been born in another country, which in this case is England. On the eve of Valentine’s day in 2015, she took to Twitter to reveal that she and Dwyer had secretly married a month prior in January. A year later, she announced her pregnancy and in March, revealed the gender of the baby to be a boy. Her son Cassius Cruz Dwyer was born in September 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic body
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Sydney has done endorsement work for the following brands
- BODYARMOR (2014)
- Beats by Dre (2014)
- Nestlé Nesquik (2014)
- LG Tone Active
Best Known For
- Her long and successful career with the United States Women’s national team, during which she has managed to win an Olympic gold medal as well as winning FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015.
- Having played for popular US soccer clubs such as Boston Breakers and FC Kansas City.
First Soccer Match
In 2005, she played her first soccer match for Vancouver Whitecaps. At the time of her debut, she was 15 years and seven days old, which made her the youngest ever player for the team.
- Powerful shot
- Work rate
First TV Show
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance in the TV mini-series London 2012 Olympics.
During the off-season, Sydney relies on running to keep herself fit. However, she is not a fan of running on the treadmill and instead loves to run in outdoors. Also, she doesn’t have a fixed schedule. Some days, she likes to go for a run first thing in the morning, while there are days when she goes running late in the evening or at night. Apart from running, she loves to go for Spin classes as well.
In case, she is hungry before going out for a run, she loves to have peanut butter and apples. Sometimes, she will also chug down a smoothie. After a run, she always refuels with water.
Before a match, she likes to fuel up on carbs and proteins. Her preferred options are mashed potatoes, fried eggs, and pancakes. A night before the game, she likes to eat spaghetti or on some occasions, miso-glazed salmon. However, she isn’t too strict about her diet and doesn’t go overboard in restricting certain food items. When traveling, she makes sure that she is eating healthy by taking some fruit along.
Sydney Leroux Favorite Things
- Fruit – Peaches
- Splurge Food – Chips and guacamole
- Candies – Swedish Fish and Pull ‘n’ Peel Twizzlers
- Canadian Food – Poutine (French fries with cheese curds and hot gravy)
- Quote – What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. (She has it tattooed on her arm)
- Alcohol – Stella Artois
- Body Parts – Eyelashes and eyebrows
Sydney Leroux Facts
- She was raised by her mother alone as her father had left her mother when she was three months pregnant with Sydney.
- In June 2013, she created a minor controversy after she taunted her home country, Canada’s soccer fans by kissing the US badge as part of her goal celebration during a match between the North American countries.
- She has a pet chihuahua named Boss, whom she had adopted while studying at the university. She has even set up a separate Twitter handle for her dog.
- When she moved to Arizona at the age of 15, she had to face quite a number of difficulties. For one, she would bounce from family to family and found it difficult to adjust to the new domestic atmospheres. Plus, she didn’t have any friends in school.
- Before she pledged her allegiance to the US national team, she played for the youth Canadian national teams. When she participated in the 2004 FIFA U-19 Women’s World Cup, she was the youngest participant at the age of 14. She was also captain of the Canadian Under-15 team.
- At the US Under-20 level, she holds the distinction of being the first player to score 30 goals. She is also the most capped player after having played 36 games.
Featured Image by Amapatent / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0