|Eugenie Bouchard Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1994|
Eugenie Bouchard is a Canadian tennis player who has represented Canada at the Wimbledon Championships, Australian Open, French Open, and US Open. During the 2013 WTA Tour, she was named the “WTA Newcomer of the Year” and was honored with the “WTA Most Improved Player” award in 2014. As of February 2022, her career-high ranking was number 5. In the past, Eugenie has also worked as a guest weather anchor on CTV Montreal.
Genie, The Chosen One (Nickname given by her siblings), The Mighty Bouch
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Eugenie went to The Study School in Westmount.
Professional tennis player
- Father – Michel Bouchard (Investment Banker)
- Mother – Julie Leclair
- Siblings – Beatrice (Fraternal Older Twin Sister), Charlotte (Younger Sister) (born 1995), William (Younger Brother) (born 1999)
She is signed with WME-IMG agency.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
63 kg or 139 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Eugenie Bouchard dated –
- Alex Galchenyuk (2013-) – In October 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating American ice hockey player, Alex Galchenyuk.
- John Goehrke (2017) – In February 2017, she went on a date with her fan John Goehrke after losing a Twitter wager. John was her ‘Super Bowl Twitter Date.’
- Mason Rudolph (2021-Present) – In February 2021, football quarterback Mason Rudolph confirmed his relationship with Eugenie through an Instagram post with the caption “My Valentine”.
Race / Ethnicity
Blue eyed blonde
36-27-35 in or 91.5-68.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
- She has appeared in Pinty’s commercial.
- She has endorsed Coca-Cola (signed a three-year deal in June 2014), Rogers Communications, Nike, tennis racquet brand Babolat, New Balance, etc.
- In June 2015, Eugenie signed a multi-year partnership with Aviva Canada.
Best Known For
Being a professional tennis player, representing Canada. She game more popularity when she reached #5 in WTA’s Singles rankings in tennis on October 20, 2014.
- Plays tennis aggressively
- Rushes towards the net to deflect the ball to a different direction and gain a point
First Singles Grand Slams Wins
Eugenie’s first grand slam wins were in the years –
- Australian Open – None
- French Open – None
- Wimbledon – None
- US Open – None
First TV Show
In 2013, she guest appeared in the talk show The Social as herself in episode 51 of season 1.
She has taken tennis training from several coaches such as Nick Saviano from 2006 to 2014, Nathalie Tauziat in 2013, António van Grichen in 2013, and Sam Sumyk.
Here is a glimpse of her workout in the gym, where she shows you her favorite exercise, and how she prepares those legs.
Also, check out another video of her off-season training at The Chamber Gym under the guidance of strength and conditioning coach, Andrew Hanley.
Eugenie Bouchard Favorite Things
- TV Show – The Big Bang Theory (2007-Present)
- Tennis Player – Roger Federer
- Song – Genie in a Bottle (By Christina Aguilera)
- Restaurant In Montreal – Beautys
- Restaurant – Nobu in Australia
Eugenie Bouchard Facts
- Eugenie is 6 minutes younger than her twin sister Beatrice.
- Bouchard is actually named after Prince Andrew‘s daughter, Princess Eugenie of York.
- Bouchard can speak English and French fluently.
- Eugenie first started playing tennis when she was 5.
- In order to get training from the former tennis player, Nick Saviano, she relocated to Florida (United States) with her mother, when she was 12. At the age of 15, she returned back to Montreal for training.
- She is best friends with tennis player Laura Robson.
- Earlier, Eugenie thought of becoming a physician. She is really good at science and mathematics.
- Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber would be her dream date as he is her celebrity crush.
- If she weren’t a tennis player, she would have been an air traffic controller.
- Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory is one of her biggest fans.
- She once wore a kimono (traditional Japanese garment) during a Wimbledon press conference and even took her teddy bear along.
- Bouchard is the first Canadian to ever reach a Wimbledon final (or Grand Slam Final).
- She was honored with the Newcomer of the Year award by WTA in 2013.
- In 2015, Eugenie was ranked at the number 1 spot in the “World’s 50 Most Marketable Athletes” list by SportsPro.
- In June 2021, she underwent shoulder surgery for a torn subscapularis in her right shoulder.