Taron David Egerton
Birkenhead, Merseyside, England, U.K.
Taron attended Ysgol Penglais Comprehensive school in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, West Wales.
In 2012, he graduated with BA (Hons) in Acting from London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
- Father – Ran a bed-and-breakfast service
- Mother – Social Worker
United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taron has dated –
- Emily Thomas (2016-2018) – In November 2016, Taron started dating British producer Emily Thomas. During their time together, they were seen together on many red carpet appearances. The couple called it quits in November 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Mole mark on his front neck
Best Known For
Playing Gary “Eggsy” Unwin in the Kingsman film series.
He first appeared in a 2012 short film Pop where he played the role as Andy.
First TV Show
In 2013, Taron appeared in ITV’s detective drama series Lewis in just two episodes.
Taron Egerton works out in the gym. When he was filming for the 2015 film Kingsman: The Secret Service, he used to spend a couple of hours in training. But, in general, he devotes less time to workout.
Taron Egerton Favorite Things
Source – Yahoo
Taron Egerton Facts
- Taron is a misspelling of “Taran,” which is a Welsh name for “Thunder.”
- After he was born in England, his family relocated to Wales, first to the island of Anglesey and then to Aberystwyth (when he was 12).
- Taron is a Welsh speaker and takes interest in travel and literature.
- He is an avid fan of Manchester United Football Club.
- In 2015, he was named among the GQ’s 50 best-dressed British men.
- He debuted into acting in 2012.
- The first film which he saw at the theater was Bambi (1942).
- He auditioned for the role of Scott Summers / Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), but it went to Tye Sheridan.
- His first acting role was to play a woman. At the age of 15, he appeared in a Shakespeare production called A Midsummer Night’s Dream where he played the character called Flute wearing the red cocktail dress.
- If he weren’t an actor, he would have been an English teacher. He also thought of going into film animation before deciding to become an actor.
- He is good friends with Kingsman’s Colin Firth.
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Michael Sheen, and Sean Penn are his acting idols.
- He loves music, especially funk, soul, and Motown.
- He has a celebrity crush on Meryl Streep.
- In an interview given to Independent.ie in 2015, Taron has said that he is afraid of dogs.
- He is not related to Tamsin Egerton.
- Connect with Taron on Twitter.