|Taron Egerton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1989|
Taron Egerton is a Welsh actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Gary “Eggsy” Unwin in Kingsman: The Secret Service, Edward Brittain in Testament of Youth, Elton John in Rocketman, Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards in Eddie the Eagle, and Jimmy Keene in Black Bird. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Legend, Billionaire Boys Club, Robin Hood, Lewis, Watership Down, The Smoke, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like No Quarter and The Last of the Haussmans.
Taron David Egerton
Birkenhead, Merseyside, England, U.K.
Taron attended Ysgol Penglais Comprehensive school in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, West Wales.
In 2012, he graduated with BA (Hons) in Acting from London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
- Father – Ran a bed-and-breakfast service
- Mother – Social Worker
United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taron has dated –
- Emily Thomas (2016-2018) – In November 2016, Taron started dating British producer Emily Thomas. During their time together, they were seen together on many red carpet appearances. The couple called it quits in November 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Mole mark on his front neck
Best Known For
Playing Gary “Eggsy” Unwin in the Kingsman film series.
He first appeared in a 2012 short film Pop where he played the role as Andy.
First TV Show
In 2013, Taron appeared in ITV’s detective drama series Lewis in just two episodes.
Taron Egerton works out in the gym. When he was filming for the 2015 film Kingsman: The Secret Service, he used to spend a couple of hours in training. But, in general, he devotes less time to workout.
Taron Egerton Favorite Things
Source – Yahoo
Taron Egerton Facts
- Taron is a misspelling of “Taran,” which is a Welsh name for “Thunder.”
- After he was born in England, his family relocated to Wales, first to the island of Anglesey and then to Aberystwyth (when he was 12).
- Taron is a Welsh speaker and takes interest in travel and literature.
- He is an avid fan of the Manchester United Football Club.
- In 2015, he was named among the GQ’s 50 best-dressed British men.
- He debuted in acting in 2012.
- The first film which he saw at the theater was Bambi (1942).
- He auditioned for the role of Scott Summers / Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), but it went to Tye Sheridan.
- His first acting role was to play a woman. At the age of 15, he appeared in a Shakespeare production called A Midsummer Night’s Dream where he played the character called Flute wearing a red cocktail dress.
- If he weren’t an actor, he would have been an English teacher. He also thought of going into film animation before deciding to become an actor.
- He is good friends with Kingsman’s Colin Firth.
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Michael Sheen, and Sean Penn are his acting idols.
- He loves music, especially funk, soul, and Motown.
- He has a celebrity crush on Meryl Streep.
- In an interview given to Independent.ie in 2015, Taron has said that he is afraid of dogs.
- He is not related to Tamsin Egerton.
- In March 2022, Taron collapsed on stage during the opening night performance of the West End play, Cock.
- In March 2022, it was revealed that Taron had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- In the past, Taron had auditioned for the role of Han Solo in the 2018 film, Solo: A Han Solo Story. However, he had later decided that the role was not for him and it was eventually played by Alden Ehrenreich.
- He has served as an ambassador for Motor Neurone Disease Association in the past.
- His first celebrity crush was Rachel Weisz.