|Tasya Teles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1985|
Tasya Teles is a Canadian actress who rose to prominence with her portrayal of the warrior assassin Echo on the dystopian drama The 100. After serving as a recurring character on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons, she was promoted to the main cast on seasons 5 and 6. In addition to it, she has also appeared on other shows like Prison Break, Supernatural, Rogue (on DirecTV), and Intruders. She is known to be dating Sachin Sahel, who co-stars with her on The 100. Tasya has more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tasya attended the Concordia University in Montreal and graduated with a degree in Commerce. While there, she also took an interest in drama and studied theater.
- Father – Lucio França Teles (Tech Professor)
- Mother – Linda Marie (Harasim) (Tech Professor)
- Siblings – Tanikka Teles (Sister)
- Others – Mary Myronyk (Maternal Grandmother)
Tasya is represented by the Principals Talent Management in Vancouver.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tasya Teles has dated –
- Sachin Sahel – Tasya has been dating fellow Canadian actor Sachin Sahel, who plays Eric Jackson on The 100. Sachin is of Indian-origin and is known as a fitness enthusiast. According to reports, the two have been living together.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Latino)
She has Brazilian and Portuguese ancestry on her father’s side and is of Ukrainian descent on her mother’s side.
Tasya has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Brunette the Label
- Bia Boro
- AstridLily Designs
Best Known For
Her role as Echo on CW’s post-apocalyptic sci-fi show The 100 which she joined as a series regular from season 5
In 2014, Tasya made her theatrical film debut as Maria in the horror mystery flick Afflicted.
First TV Show
Tasya made her first TV show appearance as Charlene in the Deep Trouble episode of the documentary series, Untold Stories of the ER in 2013.
Tasya maintains her svelte figure by doing yoga, spinning, weight training, and boxing on a daily basis. When she is busy traveling, she carries a resistance band and a jump rope along to fit in exercises like leg raises and hip bridges in her hectic schedule.
Tasya Teles Favorite Things
- Action Hero – Wolverine
- Movie – The Princess Bride (1987), Clueless (1995)
- TV Show – Million Dollar Listing, Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- Books – Half the Sky by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, and Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- Play – The Motherf**ker with the Hat
- Social Media Platform – Instagram
- Character On The 100 – John Murphy (Played by Richard Harmon)
- Actress – Cate Blanchett
- Acting Role – Kendra on Rogue
- Accent – Raleigh, North Carolina, Brazilian
- Word – Abacaxi (A-Bak-A-Shee) (Portuguese for pineapple)
- Emoji – The squid
- Italian Movie – Life is Beautiful (1997), La Dolce Vita (1960)
- TV Show As A Child – TGIF, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Absolutely Fabulous
- Quote – “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do.” by Marianne Williamson
Source – Pop-Culturalist.com, HerCampus.com, NaludaMagazine.com, TheItalianRêve.com, Sharp
Tasya Teles Facts
- Tasya co-owns a pizzeria called The Parlour which operates in Vancouver and Toronto.
- For her role as Echo on The 100, Tasya had to learn an entirely new made-up language Trigedasleng spoken by the Grounders on the show. The language is the brainchild of David J. Peterson who is also credited with creating the Dothraki and Valyrian languages on Game of Thrones.
- She began an organization named Unslaved, which raises funds for the awareness and support of children affected by human trafficking.
- She played soccer while growing up.
- As a kid, she aspired to be a marine biologist but gave it up due to her extreme fear of sharks.
- Tasya is a talented voice-artist and has done the voice-over for Sitara Dhawan in the video game Watch Dogs 2.
- Tasya bears a striking resemblance to American actress Olivia Wilde.
- She is fluent in English, French, and Portuguese.
- Visit her official website @ tasyateles.com.
Featured Image by Tasya Teles / Instagram