|Taylor Goldsmith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1985|
Taylor Goldsmith is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, and record producer who has served as the lead singer, guitarist, and chief songwriter of the American folk-rock band Dawes. The band’s discography consists of albums, extended plays, and songs like North Hills, All Your Favorite Bands, Feed the Fire, Good Luck with Whatever, If I Wanted Someone, Nothing Is Wrong, St. Augustine At Night, Stories Don’t End, When the Tequila Runs Out, Living in the Future, Passwords, Mistakes We Should Have Made, I Will Run, We’re All Gonna Die, From a Window Seat, Stripped Down at Grimey’s, Time Spent in Los Angeles, Things Happen, Easy/Lucky/Free, Roll with the Punches, Who Do You Think You’re Talking To?, Someone Else’s Cafe / Doomscroller Tries to Relax, Free As We Wanna Be, Walls (ft. Mike Viola), Strangers Getting Stranger, and Fisherman’s Blues.
Taylor Dawes Goldsmith
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Taylor Goldsmith attended and eventually graduated from the Malibu High School in California.
Singer, Guitarist, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Lenny Goldsmith (Singer and former frontman of a music band, The New Old)
- Mother – Kathy Goldsmith (Former VP of sales for a Fortune 500 company)
- Siblings – Griffin Goldsmith (Younger Brother) (Drummer and member of the music band Dawes)
His music band Dawes is represented by Q Prime Management Company.
Folk rock, indie folk, indie rock
Vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards
His music band “Dawes” is signed with the following labels –
- North America – ATO Records, MapleMusic Recordings, Hub Records
- Europe – Loose Music, Mercury Records
5 ft 9 in 175.5 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taylor Goldsmith has dated –
- Mandy Moore (2015-Present) – The first hint of Taylor’s relationship with actor Mandy Moore surfaced in July 2015, when she shared a picture of them playing scrabble on her Instagram feed. She would later reveal that they had met through Instagram. She had shared Dawes’ album cover on the social media app and after coming across her post, Taylor sent her a note, after which they started communicating through emails. According to her, they fell in love even before holding hands and going out on a date. She began sharing pictures of them hanging out more frequently throughout the remaining months of 2015 and much of 2016 but never explicitly confirmed their relationship. It was in 2017 that she publicly confirmed that they were a couple. In July 2017, she shared a picture of them together celebrating their 2nd anniversary. And, by September 2017, they had gotten engaged. They got married on November 18, 2018. In September 2020, it was announced that they are expecting their first child together, a boy. Their son, August Harrison Goldsmith was born in February 2021. In June 2022, the couple announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together. In October 2022, the couple welcomed a son named Oscar Bennett Goldsmith.
Race / Ethnicity
- Messy hairdo
- Often has a scruffy beard
Best Known For
Being the lead singer and guitarist of the folk-rock band, Dawes. Dawes is best known for the popularity of their studio albums, All Your Favorite Bands and We’re All Gonna Die. Both albums managed to reach the top of the US Folk charts.
- As a member of the band Simon Dawes, their debut album named Carnivore was released in September 2006.
- In August 2009, his music group Dawes released their first studio album, North Hills, which went on to achieve moderate success.
In 2007, he made his theatrical film debut in a minor role in the horror movie, Belial.
First TV Show
In 2012, Taylor Goldsmith made his first TV show appearance on the Politics episode of the drama series Parenthood as a part of his band Dawes.
Taylor Goldsmith Facts
- He started playing guitar at the age of 3 and began learning the piano by the age of 4.
- His songwriting credits include working with the legendary Bob Dylan on his album, The New Basement Tapes. He never got to sit down with Dylan but took Dylan’s old lyrics and wrote music for it.
- His music band Dawes has been named in the honor of his grandfather, Dawes Lafayette Goldsmith, who especially loved country music.
- While growing up, he exasperated his father with his music choices. His father felt that he should be listening more to Bob Dylan over the folk rock he was listening to.
- His music band has had the honor of touring with Bob Dylan. They have even collaborated with Elvis Costello.
- Taylor started playing music with his former bandmate Blake Mills while they were studying in junior high school.
- Before the formation of Dawes, Taylor and Mills had co-founded Simon Dawes. Simon Dawes was more focused on the post-punk sound.
- Dawes released its 3rd studio album Stories Don’t End on April 9, 2013. It peaked at number #2 on the US Top Tastemaker Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #3 on the US Folk Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #5 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #9 on the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #36 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- On October 2, 2020, Dawes released its 7th studio album titled Good Luck with Whatever through Rounder Records and it peaked at number #44 on the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart. It includes songs like Still Feel Like a Kid, Free as We Wanna Be, Between the Zero and the One, and None of My Business.
- In February 2022, Taylor teamed up with Mandy Moore for a new single, Finding You Backwards. The song is part of the film, I Want You Back.
- Visit his band’s official website @ dawestheband.com.
- He is not on social media.
Featured Image by ljcurletta / Flickr / CC BY 2.0