Thiago Emiliano da Silva
Silva, “O Monstro” – The Monster
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Silva went to a school in the largest neighborhood in the West Zone of Rio de Janeiro called Campo Grande.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Angela Maria da Silva
- Siblings – Erivelton Emiliano da Silva (Brother), Danila Emiliano da Silva (Sister)
Thiago is signed with Gestifute.
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thiago Silva is married to Isabele Da Silva. Together they have two sons Isago (b. November 12, 2008) and Iago (b. April 4, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
- Big lips
Thaigo’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14½ in or 37 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Silva has been sponsored by the popular sportswear brand Nike.
The Brazilian has also appeared in TV commercials for Nissan, TAM Airlines, and Samsung.
Silva believes in God.
Best Known For
The Brazilian superstar has been described as one of the best and complete defenders in the last two decades. Thiago’s vision and game sense are his driving force on the football pitch, but he is even more recognized for his god given athletic abilities such as speed, quickness, and vertical jump.
First Football Match
Thiago first appeared in a friendly match for AC Milan against Hannover 96 on January 21, 2009.
However, his first league appearance happened on August 22, 2009, in a match against Siena.
Silva debuted for Paris Saint-Germain in a 4-1 win against Dynamo Kiev on September 18, 2012.
He first represented his country in a pre-Olympic friendly match against Singapore.
- Athletic abilities
- Aerial duels
Silva has not played a role in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Thiago’s first TV appearance was in documentary series Fantástico as himself from 2012 to 2013.
Thiago’s personal trainer, workout, and diet are not known.
Thiago Silva Favorite Things
Thiago Silva Facts
- When Silva was 14, he first attracted the attention of Fluminense coach Maurinho during a friendly match in Xerem. He went on a short trial where he didn’t get enough chance to showcase his talent.
- At the age of 15, Thiago went on a tryout for Olaria, Flamengo, and Madureira but was denied by each one of them.
- He was also rejected by Botafogo after which he joined the small Brazilian team called Barcelona which competed in the lower leagues in Brazil.
- Silva became a professional in 2001 when he started playing in the Brazilian Third Division for RS Futebol Clube.
- As a teenager, Silva was wanted by the Italian club, Roma. However, the Brazilian rejected the offer.
- He joined Juventude in 2004 where he played for six months.
- At the age of 20, the sports magazine Placar named Thiago the 3rd best defender in Brazil. He was also added to the Team of the Season.
- In 2004, Silva moved to Porto after the Portuguese club spent 2.5 million euros on his contract.
- In 2005, Thiago joined Dynamo Moscow. He didn’t get a chance to play for the first six months as he suffered from tuberculosis and needed to spend time in the hospital. The doctors told him that he would have died if he had come two weeks later. During his recovery process, Silva wanted to retire from football, but his mother convinced him to rethink his decision.
- On January 14, 2006, Fluminense reported that they will sign Thiago.
- For his performances during the 2006 Brasileirao, Thiago was nicknamed “O Monstro” – Portuguese for “The Monster”.
- For his 100th match at Fluminense, the club’s board of directors gave Silva a shirt with the number 100.
- Thiago was part of the 2008 Brasileirao Team of the Season. He was also chosen as the Fans’ Player of the Season.
- In 2009, Silva agreed to sign a four-year contract with the Italian club Milan for a total of 10 million euros. He was officially registered for Milan’s 2009-2010 Serie A season.
- For his performances during the 2010-2011 season, the Italian sports newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport rated Silva as the Player of the Season.
- In the 2010-2011 season, Silva was named Milan’s Player of the Season with a total of 66.6% of the fan votes.
- On January 18, 2011, Silva was selected into the 2011 UEFA Team of the Year.
- On July 14, 2012, Silva moved to Paris Saint-Germain for a price of around 42 million euros. After his successful transfer to the French club, Silva stated that he would love to come back to Milan in future.
- He achieved his first international trophy in 2013 when as a part of Brazil’s national team, he contributed in winning the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- Silva’s game has been compared to the former Italian player and one of the greatest defenders in football history Franco Baresi.
- Follow Silva on his Twitter and Instagram. He is not on Facebook.