Three Days Grace is an internationally-acclaimed Canadian rock band formed in 1997. The group is most well-known for their greatest hits I Hate Everything About You, Animal I Have Become, Never Too Late, I Am Machine, etc. Some of their popular albums One-X (2006), Life Starts Now (2009), and Transit of Venus (2012) have each reached the top 10 at the US Billboard 200 charts.
- Matt Walst – Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar (2014-Present)
- Barry Stock – Lead Guitar (2003-Present)
- Brad Walst – Bass, Backing Vocals (1997-Present)
- Neil Sanderson – Drums, Keyboards, Backing Vocals (1997-Present)
- Adam Gontier – Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar (1997-2013), Lead Guitar (1997-2003)
Norwood, Ontario, Canada
Alternative Metal, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Post-Grunge, Nu metal (Early)
- Jive Records
- RCA Records
- Three Days Grace, their self-titled debut album was released in 2003. Their single I Hate Everything About You became a breakout hit.
- Their 2nd album One-X (2006) was certified ‘3x platinum’ in the United States. Both Animal I Have Become and Never Too Late reached #1 at the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks charts.
- Outsider (2018), their 6th album featured many popular songs like Infra-Red, Right Left Wrong, The Mountain, etc. The latter earned the band ‘Rock Songwriters of the Year’ award at the SOCAN Awards in 2019.
Three Days Grace Facts
- Adam, Neil, and Brad were initially in a high school band called Groundswell from 1992 to 1995. They regrouped together as Three Days Grace in 1997.
- The band name ‘Three Days Grace’ was suggested by Brad and refers to the sense of urgency to change one’s life for the better.
- Adam wrote the songs Animal I Have Become, Pain, Never Too Late (from the album One-X) while recovering from OxyContin addiction in rehab.
- As of 2020, the band has 15 #1 singles on the Billboard’s Mainstream Rock Songs chart. In September 2018, they surpassed Van Halen‘s longstanding record of 13 chart-toppers with the release of Infra-Red from the album Outsider.
- Brad’s younger brother Matt Walst became the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of the band in 2014 after Gontier’s sudden departure in January 2013.
- Three Days Grace has toured with the likes of Breaking Benjamin, Flyleaf, Seether, Nickelback, Shinedown, etc.
Featured Image by Three Days Grace / Instagram