|Tiffany Young Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.25 in|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1989|
Tiffany is a Korean-American singer and actress best known for being a member of the South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation. In 2015, she embarked her solo career and released her solo EP I Just Wanna Dance in 2016 which peaked at number 3 on both Korean music charts and US Billboard charts. She has more than 7 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k subscribers on YouTube.
Stephanie Young Hwang
Fany, DdilFany (clumsy Fany), AjumNy, Mushroom, T-Manager, Manager Hwang, Myong, Jackson Hwang, Tiffany
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tiffany attended South Pointe Middle School and Diamond Bar High School. She later went to Korea Kent Foreign School.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Michelle Hwang (Older Sister), Leo Hwang (Older Brother)
- Until October 2017, Tiffany was represented by SM Entertainment.
- In June 2018, she signed up with Paradigm Talent Agency.
- She is also managed by Transparent Agency.
K-pop, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, R&B
- SM Entertainment
- EMI Japan
- Interscope Records.
In June 2018, she signed up with Paradigm Talent Agency.
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tiffany has dated –
- Nichkhun (2013-2015) – Tiffany was romantically linked with South Korean boy band 2PM’s member Nichkhun. The two have been close friends for a long time as they both lived in the United States and started dating in 2013. It was later confirmed by both of their management companies. However, their relationship succumbed to their busy schedules and they broke up in 2015 after dating for almost a year and 5 months.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
- Front Bangs
- Short hair
Tiffany has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Korean chicken chain Goobne Chicken
- Samantha Thavasa
- Domino’s Pizza
Best Known For
- Being a member of the South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation
- Her solo EP I Just Wanna Dance which peaked at number 3 on both Korean music charts and US Billboard charts and her solo single I Just Wanna Dance which peaked at number 5 on the US Billboard chart
Tiffany released her first studio album Girls’ Generation along with the group Girls’ Generation in November 2007.
Tiffany made her theatrical film debut as herself in I Am in 2012.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the South Korean comedy-variety show Unstoppable Marriage in 2008.
Tiffany Young Favorite Things
Source – Rolling Stone, SCMP, IMDb
Tiffany Young Facts
- Tiffany’s older brother encouraged her to pursue singing.
- Her mother passed away when she was 12 years old.
- She took part in a singing competition and was noticed by SM Entertainment and was cast during the 2004 SM Casting System as a trainee.
- Tiffany left California at the age of 15 and moved to Seoul, South Korea to pursue a career in music.
- After training for almost 4 years, she made her official debut with the group Girls’ Generation in August 2007.
- In April 2012, she became the part of Girls’ Generation subgroup TTS.
- The reason behind her stage name being Tiffany was that her mother initially wanted to name her that.
- In 2008, a diagnosis detected her with vocal nodules and she had to take a break from singing in 2010 for the treatment.
- She began her solo career in 2015 and started writing songs for her upcoming albums.
- In October 2017, she did not renew her contract with SM Entertainment in order to pay more attention to her solo acting and singing career.
- She is the first ever Korean-American woman to become a part of the H&M Global Campaign.
- Visit her official website @ tiffanyyoung.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image by DaftTaengk / YouTube / CC BY-3.0