|Nichkhun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1988|
Nichkhun is a Thai-American singer, songwriter, rapper, actor, and model. He is best known for being a member of the South Korean boy band 2PM. Apart from being the Band member of 2PM, he has also released several solo songs including We Become One, Let’s Take A Break, Cute, So Wonderful, Miss Wonderful, Maybe You Are, and more. He has a strong social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
Nichkhun attended Dhepkanjana School and Tangpiroondham School in Thailand. He relocated to New Zealand at the age of 12 and attended Wanganui Collegiate School for a year and a half. After that, he returned to the United States and went to Los Osos High School to complete his schooling.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Actor, Model, Dancer
- Father – Teeragiat Horvejkal
- Mother – Yenjit Horvejkul (CEO of Union Medical)
- Siblings – Nichan Bert (Older Brother), Nichthima Yanin (Sister), Nachjaree (Sister)
Nichkhun is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-Pop, J-Pop, Hip-Hop, EDM, R&B
Vocals, Keyboard, Piano, Guitar
- JYP Entertainment
- Sony Music
- Ariola Japan
- United Asia Management
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nichkhun has dated –
- Tiffany Young (2013-2015) – Nichkhun was romantically involved with South Korean girl group Girls Generation‘s member Tiffany Young. The singers developed a close friendship for a long time as they both lived in the United States and began dating in 2013 and it was later confirmed by both of their management companies. However, their relationship came to an end due to their busy schedules and they parted ways in 2015 after dating for almost a year and 5 months.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Chinese ancestry on his mother side and is of Thai descent on his father side.
- Arc-shaped eyebrow
- Thin lips
Nichkhun has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Body Shop
- Market O
- Paris-Croissant Food Company
Best Known For
Being a member of the South Korean boy band 2PM
Nichkhun released his first studio album 01:59PM along with the band 2PM on November 10, 2009. The album peaked at #1 on The Gaon Music Chart and sold more than 110k units in Korea.
Nichkhun made his theatrical film debut in the Thai drama romance anthology film Seven Something as He in 2012.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on the South Korean sitcom All My Love as Ok Yub’s human substitute in 2010.
Nichkhun keeps himself fit by working out on a regular basis. His workout routine mainly consists of biceps workout using the resistance band followed by push-ups.
Nichkhun Favorite Things
- Color – Red
- He comes from wealthy family background, due to which he was given the nickname Thai Prince when he first came to South Korea.
- He has lived in countries like Thailand, New Zealand, United States, and South Korea.
- Nichkhun has dual citizenships including Thailand and the United States.
- While in California, he was discovered by the manager of JYP Entertainment at the Los Angeles Korean Music Festival.
- He first signed a ten-year contract with the JYP Entertainment, but later was made to re-sign an eight-year contract, that did not including training, and was asked to move to South Korea in 2006 as a trainee, being put into a class of 24 other students.
- He was informed by the JYP Entertainment president Park Jin-young that he first needed to learn how to sing and dance besides learning Korean and Mandarin Chinese and also to bulk up.
- Nichkhun made his official debut as 2PM‘s vocalist, rapper, and visual on September 4, 2008.
- Besides being a singer, he is also an avid actor.
- Nichkhun has won many awards such as Mnet 20s Choice Award for “Hot Mr. Beauty” in 2009, Mnet Media Award for “Most Charming Boy” in 2011, MTV K’s Very First Valentine King and Queen where he was crowned Valentine King in 2011, BK Film Award in “The Eye Candy” category in 2012, China Weibo Award for “Male God Of The Year” in 2016, and Trends Health’s Healthy Role Model Award for being the “Most Influential Healthy Role Model” in 2016 among many others.
- Apart from being the band member of 2PM, he has also released several solo songs including We Become One, Let’s Take A Break, Cute, So Wonderful, Miss Wonderful, Maybe You Are, and more.
- He released his first solo extended play ME on February 18, 2019.
- Apart from Thai, he is also fluent in English, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Follow Nichkhun on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Sry85 / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0