|Tim Tebow Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1987|
Tim Tebow is an American football tight end and a former baseball player. He has played for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL) and has also been a part of teams like the Philadelphia Eagles, New England Patriots, New York Jets, and Denver Broncos. Additionally, he has played minor league baseball as an outfielder with New York Mets. He played college football as a quarterback for the University of Florida and wrapped up his college career with the Southeastern Conference’s all-time records in both career passing efficiency and total rushing touchdowns, appearing second and tenth (respectively) in the NCAA record book in these categories.
Timothy Richard Tebow
Tebow has been home-schooled by his parents but still competed as an athlete for Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville.
In 2003, Tim shifted to Allen D. Nease High School where he played as a quarterback in a football team.
After he finished his home-schooling program, Tebow accepted the sports scholarship given by the University of Florida. There he played under coach Urban Meyer from 2006 until 2009.
Professional American Football Player, Retired Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Robert Ramsey Tebow II
- Mother – Pamela Elaine (nee Pemberton)
- Siblings – Robby Tebow (Younger Brother), Peter Tebow (Younger Brother), Katie Tebow Shepherd (Younger Sister), Christy Tebow Allen (Younger Sister)
- Others – Robert Ramsey Tebow (Paternal Grandfather), Patricia Neal Atzel (Paternal Grandmother), Col. Frank Solon Pemberton (Maternal Grandfather), Rachel Wynona “Rae” Rawlings (Maternal Grandmother)
Tebow is signed with Tim Tebow Foundation.
Tim’s last jersey number was 11 when he played for Philadelphia Eagles.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $5 Million in 2020.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
111 kg or 245 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim Tebow has dated –
- Kaylee Hartung – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with reporter Kaylee Hartung in the past.
- Lucy Pinder (2009) – He was rumored to be dating British model, Lucy Pinder in 2009 after they were spotted standing together.
- Camilla Belle (2012) – In 2012, a RUMOR appeared which linked Tim with the American actress Camilla Belle.
- Olivia Culpo (2015) – In the period from September until November 2015, Tim was in a relationship with the American model Olivia Culpo.
- Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (2018-Present) – South African model and Miss Universe 2017 Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters and Tim Tebow started dating in 2018. Tim proposed to Demi in January 2019 and they got engaged which was revealed on January 10, 2019. The couple tied the knot in South Africa on January 20, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, German, some Irish and Scottish, and Belgian (Walloon) descent.
- Muscular Body
- Towering height
- ”Tebowing” (A form of prayer position where Tim bows his head while kneeling down on the floor with one knee and resting his one hand on his other leg)
- Short Beard
Tim Tebow’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 50.5 in or 128 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 37 in or 94 cm
Tim has penned sponsorship contracts with Nike, FRS Healthy Energy, TiVo, and Jockey International.
He has also appeared in print ads for Soul Electronics SL 300 Signature Series headphones in 2012.
Best Known For
Winning the Heisman Trophy in 2007 for being the most outstanding player in college football in the United States.
Tebow is also known for being one of the best quarterbacks of his generation.
First American Football Match
He debuted for the University of Florida against Southern Miss.
Tim played his first professional match against Jacksonville Jaguars on September 12, 2010.
He made his first theatrical film appearance as himself in the 2018 Christian drama film, Run the Race, which follows two young brothers who use football to cope with their mother’s death and father’s abandonment of them. However, Tim’s role went uncredited.
First TV Show
In 2009, Tim first appeared in 2 episodes of the sports-based show ESPN Road Trip as himself.
As an actor, Tim first appeared in the TV series Hitting the Breaks in 2016 as Tim Tebow.
Tim’s workouts can be seen on the following links –
Tim Tebow Favorite Things
- Band – Rascal Flatts
- Autograph from a player – Fred Taylor
- Music – Country
- Actor – Will Smith
- Actress – Jennifer Aniston
- Movie – Braveheart (1995)
Tim Tebow Facts
- Tim’s parents first met when they were studying at the University of Florida. They married on June 12, 1971.
- In 1985, the Tebow family shifted to the Philippines where they worked as Baptist missionaries.
- Tim’s mother Pamela suffered from an inflammation of the intestine called dysentery from which she fell into a coma. While she recovered from the disease, she found out that she was pregnant. Because of the medications she took, the fetus suffered from placental abruption. The doctors suggested that the mother should abort the birth of the child. However, the Tebow family was against abortion and Tim was given birth on August 14, 1987, in Manila, Philippines.
- He got drafted by the Denver Broncos as the 10th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.
- While playing as quarterback for Allen D. Nease High School, he achieved All-State honors and was chosen Florida’s Player of the Year. He was also selected as Florida’s Mr. Football and even a Parade magazine high school All-American.
- Before Tim joined the University of Florida, he traveled to the Philippines in order to help his father with the missionary work.
- At college, Tebow captained The Gators during 2008 and 2009.
- On February 18, 2007, Tim was chosen for the Davey O’Brien Award. The award is given to the best quarterback in the nation.
- On July 29, 2010, Tebow penned a five-year deal with the Denver Broncos for a price of 11.25 million dollars. The deal itself guaranteed a price of 8.7 million dollars for the player to receive.
- On December 19, 2010, Tebow began his first NFL game against the Oakland Raiders. Eventually, the Broncos lost the game with a final score being 39-23.
- On March 21, 2012, Tim got traded to New York Jets together with Denver’s 2012 7th round draft pick in exchange for Jets’ 4th and 6th round draft picks.
- On April 29, 2013, Tebow was fired by the New York Jets because of his overall bad performances during the 2012-2013 season.
- He joined the New England Patriots on June 10, 2013. He penned a two-year deal with no money guaranteed. On August 31, 2013, Tim was cut from the Patriots’ roster.
- He began a broadcasting career in December 2013 on SEC Network.
- On April 20, 2015, Tebow penned a deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. Briefly, before the start of the season, Tim was fired by the Philadelphia Eagles.
- He is a very devoted Christian. He has stated that he won’t lose his virginity until his first official marriage.
- He is the founder of the Tebow Foundation.
- He spent 3 million dollars on a project called “The Tebow CURE Hospital”, a hospital built in the Philippines. The clinic is specialized in orthopedics and became the CURE’s 12th hospital in the world.
- He co-wrote the book Through My Eyes along with author Nathan Whitaker. In the book, Tim describes his childhood days and life in Jacksonville and the Philippines. Through My Eyes remained for 24 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list and was selected for the 2011 best sportsbook.
- In 2016, he decided to start a career in professional baseball and eventually signed a minor league contract with the New York Mets. He played in their organization for almost 4 years before finally retiring in 2021.