|Tim Tszyu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1994|
Tim Tszyu is an Australian professional boxer who had won all 21 of his professional bouts, as of May 2022, 15 of them via knockout. In October 2017, he won the vacant WBC (World Boxing Council)–ABCO (Asian Boxing Council) Continental light-middleweight title. He retained the title in both May 2018 and August 2018. In February 2019, he clinched the vacant WBA (World Boxing Association) Oceania interim light-middleweight title. In May 2019, he captured the Australian light-middleweight title. In August 2019, he won the IBF (International Boxing Federation) Australasian and the inaugural WBO (World Boxing Organization) Global light-middleweight titles. He retained those 2 titles in December 2019, August 2020, and December 2020. He went to further retain the 2nd of those titles in March 2021, July 2021, November 2021, and March 2022. In July 2021, he captured the vacant Commonwealth light-middleweight title. In November 2021, he secured the WBO Asia Pacific light-middleweight title.
Timofei Konstantinovich Tszyu
The Soul Taker
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Tim had attended the St. George Christian School, an independent non-denominational Christian primary and secondary day school located in the suburbs of southern Sydney. He had also studied at the Newington College, an independent Uniting Church primary and secondary day and boarding school for boys, located in Stanmore, Sydney.
He had later joined the University of Technology Sydney, a public research university in Sydney, to pursue a business degree.
- Father – Konstantin Borisovich ‘Kostya’ Tszyu (Former Professional Boxer, Winner of multiple Light-Welterweight World Championships including the undisputed and lineal titles between 2001 and 2005; ‘Bronze’ Medalist in the lightweight division at the 1989 World Amateur Boxing Championships; ‘Gold’ Medalist at the 1989 and 1991 European Amateur Boxing Championships; Inducted into the ‘International Boxing Hall of Fame’ in 2011)
- Mother – Natasha Anikina
- Siblings – Anastasia Tszyu (Younger Sister), Nikita Tszyu (Younger Brother) (Professional Boxer)
- Others – Boris T. Tszyu (Paternal Grandfather) (Fitter in a Metal Factory), Valentina Tszyu (Paternal Grandmother) (Nurse), Tatiana Averina (Step-Mother). He has 2 younger half-siblings.
6 ft or 183 cm
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim has dated –
- Alexandra Constantine (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He is of Russian, Korean, and Mongolian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a light stubble
Tim Tszyu Facts
- Although his father was a world champion boxer, Tim’s first sporting interest was gymnastics and he had even enrolled in a local training center when he was 6 years old.
- About 4 years later, he had switched to soccer and was selected to play for multiple local representative teams. However, his interest in the sport began to wane by the time he had turned 13 when he and his family had temporarily relocated to Moscow.
- They had returned to Sydney a few months later and by the time Tim had turned 15, he had decided that he would pursue a career in boxing.
- At the 2011 Melbourne Australian National Championships, he had won the ‘Bronze’ medal in the light welterweight category. Before turning professional in 2016, he had put together a stupendous 33–1 win-loss record in amateur boxing.
- A portrait of Tim, drawn by Serbian-born, Sydney-based artist Ksenija Hrnjak was a finalist for the 2022 edition of the Archibald Prize, an Australian portraiture art prize for painting, generally regarded as the most prestigious portrait prize in Australia.
Featured Image by Tim Tszyu / Instagram