|Gillian Zinser Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1985|
Gillian Zinser is an American actress, voice artist, and director who is best known for playing the role of Ivy Sullivan in the teen drama television series 90210 from 2009 to 2012. She has also appeared in various other shows such as Cold Case, Cupid, Southland, Stumptown, and Blindspot. In addition to that, Gillian Zinser has also been cast in several movies which include the likes of The Truth Below, Hail Mary, Savages, Ecstasy, Worthy, Liars All, Two Wrongs, Asthma, Band Aid, End of Babes, Halfway, Smile, and The Guilty.
Gillian Amalia Zinser
Washington, D.C., United States
Gillian Zinser has attended New York University.
Actress, Voice Artist, Director
- Mother – Dale Appleman (Painter)
- Others – Irving Lawrence Appleman (Maternal Grandfather), Harriet B. Birkenholtz (Maternal Grandmother), Hale Appleman (Cousin) (Actor)
Gillian Zinser has been represented by –
- Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
- Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gillian Zinser has dated –
- Luke Grimes (2011-2015) – Gillian Zinser reportedly started going out with actor Luke Grimes in November 2011 and she preferred to keep her love life away from tabloids. After going out for a few years, the duo parted ways in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Gillian Zinser is of German descent on her father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish roots on her mother’s side.
33-24-33 in or 84-61-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Ivy Sullivan in the teen drama TV series, 90210
- Having made guest appearances in popular TV series such as Southland and Cupid
In 2011, Gillian made her film debut in the role of Jenna in the drama film The Truth Below.
First TV Show
In 2009, Gillian guest appeared as Beatnik sexpot in the comedy series Cupid.
Gillian is an avid surfer and relies on it to keep her body in shape.
When it comes to diet, she is a big believer of striking a balance. She tries to go for simple and natural recipes. Her focus is on eating organic and whole foods. Whenever it is possible, she cooks her food at home.
Also, she is a big fan of juicing. Plus, she drinks a lot of water to make sure that she is properly hydrated throughout the day.
Gillian Zinser Favorite Things
- Digital Inspirations – pitchfork.com, thedailynice.com, haw-lin.com, coveteur.com
- Longboards – Falsa Balsa
- Artists – Travis Lindquist
- Teen Outfit – Jeans and t-shirts
- Accessory – Chapstick
- Halloween Costume – The Holograms and Jem
- Fall Trend – Layers
- Caribbean Hideaway – Little Corn Island in Nicaragua
Gillian Zinser Facts
- She is mad about hats. She collects hats from various destinations from her trips all over the world.
- In 2011, she did social activism work for the Artists for Peace and Justice Association, which works to build schools in the economically deprived regions of Haiti.
- She has worked with Waves for Water Hurricane Sandy Relief Initiative to help restore normalcy in the regions hit by the devastating hurricane.
- In 2013, she gave away her clothes, accessories, and other fashion items to Closet Rich, an online website that specializes in selling used designer items. The proceeds from the sale of her items were given to charities.
- She has an interest in arts and design. She has created a series of artworks for her home.
- She is an amateur photographer and likes to document her travel chronicles as artistically as possible.
- She has partnered with “Be the Match Foundation” to raise awareness about their mission and funds for their operations. They strive to help patients suffering from lymphoma, leukemia, and other serious diseases.
- Her character in 90210 was initially introduced in the second season. She was signed up for the recurring role but due to positive feedback, she became a part of the regular cast by the next season.
- In November 2018, she appeared as Eve in an episode titled Case: Sun, Moon, and the Truth of the action thriller crime drama television series Blindspot.
- She brought to life the character of Jess Baylor (Joe’s ex-wife) in the 2021 crime thriller film The Guilty, a remake of the 2018 Danish film of the same name. The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Ethan Hawke, Riley Keough, Christina Vidal Mitchell, Eli Goree, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Paul Dano, and Peter Sarsgaard.
- She was cast as Holly in the 2022 supernatural psychological horror film Smile, starring Sosie Bacon, Jessie T. Usher, Kyle Gallner, Kal Penn, and Rob Morgan.