|Tinchy Stryder Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1986|
Tinchy Stryder is a Ghanaian rapper, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, and investor. His discography consists of multiple albums, tracks, mixtapes, and extended plays like Star in the Hood, Third Strike, Catch 22, I’m Back U Know, Before the Storm, Lost and Found, The Wish List, Change, Something About Your Smile (ft. Cylena Cymone), Never Leave You (ft. Amelle Berrabah), Take Me Back (ft. Taio Cruz), Spaceship (ft. Dappy), Number 1 (ft. N-Dubz), Mainstream Money, You’re Not Alone, Let It Rain (ft. Melanie Fiona), Off the Record (ft. Calvin Harris and Burns), Misunderstood, Help Me, Made It, Promise, and In My System.
Kwasi Danquah (Pronounced as KWAY-see dang-KWAH)
Tinchy Stryder, The Star in the Hood
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
London, England, United Kingdom
He has dual citizenship of Ghana and the United Kingdom.
Tinchy went to St Bonaventure’s Catholic Comprehensive School in Forest Gate, Newham.
Finally, Tinchy attended the University of East London to earn B.A. (Hons) in digital arts, animation, and moving image.
In 2006, he received a General Certificate of Education.
Rapper, businessman, investor
- Siblings – Quame (Older Brother)
Tinchy has been signed to these agencies –
- WME Entertainment
- Stoked PR
Grime, hip hop, R&B
Island Records, Cloud 9 Records
His net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm (via Twitter)
64 kg or 141 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tinchy Stryder has dated –
- Helen Haben – Tinchy has dated video blogger Helen Haben in the past. She is the one who encouraged him to participate in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!.
- Amba Miller – He is in a relationship with social media personality Amba Miller and they parent 2 children – a daughter named Bella and a son named Zackariah Danquah (b. 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ghanaian ancestry.
6 (US) or 5 (UK) or 39 (EU)
In November 2011, he did campaigning for Honda Motor Company in Europe for their pan-European campaign to promote Honda’s 50cc scooter.
As a kid, he used to go to church. But, now, he has stopped going there.
This does not mean he doesn’t believe in God. He does believe. He even prays before doing any stage show.
Best Known For
His rapping skills in singles “Number 1,” “Never Leave You,” and “Bright Lights” and business ventures like Cloud 9 Records, Goji Electronics, Star in the Hood, and others.
Tinchy’s first studio album was launched on August 13, 2007, titled Star in the Hood by Takeover Entertainment Ltd. It failed to gain a position in the music charts of the UK and other countries.
As an actor, he appeared in the 2012 comedy film Keith Lemon: The Film as Tinchy Stryder.
However, before this film, he has also done a couple of TV movies like T4 on the Beach 2009 in 2009, Life of Rhyme in 2011, and others.
First TV Show
In 2009, Tinchy appeared in two episodes (#26 and #40) of Sound as himself in the third season.
Tinchy Stryder is athletic since childhood. He is an avid football fan and has played it for many years. After stepping into a career in show business as a rapper, he started working out strenuously and showed his six-pack abs with the bulging chest.
He added 2 kg of muscle to his body and made those abs visible by reducing 5 percent of body fat. His main target of this bulking process was to add a little bit of muscle and strength.
Tinchy Stryder Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Nando’s
Source – Telegraph
Tinchy Stryder Facts
- Tinchy cites The Streets and Wiley as his music influencers.
- He co-founded Takeover Roc Nation with Jay-Z.
- His family relocated to the United Kingdom when he was 9.
- Tinchy is best friends with Callum Snell, whom he met while he was studying at St Bonaventure’s Catholic Comprehensive School.
- He started his career in 1997 when he commenced making music. Soon after that, he even started his business.
- He was not good at studying while in school. He used to like Maths though.
- His body (especially both his arms and chest) is filled with several tattoos.
- He is better known as “Tinchy Stryder.” He got the nickname “Tinchy” due to his short stature and “Stryder” is taken from the Japanese arcade video game Strider.
- Tinchy runs a clothing line under the name Star in the Hood which he released in 2006, and you can also find Tinchy Stryder headphones, which have been made by Goji Electronics, launched by Tinchy in June 2012. In December 2008, Stryder started his global publishing company, Cloud 9 Publishing.
- He didn’t want to be a rapper. He desired to become a footballer instead. He has even played football at Wimbledon F.C. academy and was a part of the Leyton Orient F.C. team from 2003 to 2006.
- Tinchy supports Manchester United.
- In November 2014, he participated in the 14th series of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! but left on day 22.
- Visit his official website @ tinchystryder.com.