|Tom Colicchio Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1962|
Tom Colicchio is a talented American celebrity chef, TV personality, and entrepreneur. He has appeared on Bravo reality TV show Top Chef and Best New Restaurant. He has founded restaurants like Gramercy Tavern in New York City, and Crafted Hospitality, which includes Craft (NYC and Los Angeles), Riverpark (NYC), Temple Court (NYC), Craftsteak (MGM Grand Las Vegas), Heritage Steak (Mirage Las Vegas), and Small Batch (Long Island) restaurants.
Thomas Patrick Colicchio
Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tom Colicchio attended Elizabeth High School, graduating in 1980.
Celebrity Chef, TV Personality, Entrepreneur
- Father – Thomas Colicchio
- Mother – Beverly Colicchio
- Siblings – Phil Colicchio (Brother), Mike Colicchio (Brother)
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Colicchio has dated –
- Lori Silverbush (2001-Present) – Tom and Lori got married on September 14, 2001. They have 2 sons together named Luka Colicchio (b. 2009) and Mateo Colicchio (b. 2011).
- He has an older son named Dante Colicchio (b. 1993) from a previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian origin.
- Prominent head
- Long pointed nose
Tom Colicchio has done endorsement work for brands like Diet Coke cola.
Tom Colicchio Favorite Things
- Bourbon – Kentucky Owl and Weller
- Three Cooking Tools Or Gadgets – Ten-inch chef’s knife, Peppermill, and Kitchen Scissors
- Music To Play in Kitchen – Reggae
- Quick Dinner Dish – Linguine with clam sauce
Source – TheTravelAddict.com, Diner’s Journal, Food Network
Tom Colicchio Facts
- At the age of 15, he realized that he could be a chef.
- The first restaurant he worked at was named Evelyn’s in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
- As of December 2019, he has received the James Beard Foundation Medals for his cooking accomplishment 5 times.
- He does not like eating okra and the Great Mountain yams for their slimy texture.
- He founded the Gramercy Tavern in New York City in 1994.
- One of his fondest food memory as a kid was going fishing with his grandfather in summer and eating together as a family.
- If he could do a cooking and music duet, he would love to do it with guitar player David Bromberg.
- The first concert he ever went to was Led Zeppelin in the Garden in 1977.
- The book that has the most significant impact on him is La Technique by Jacques Pepin.
- His first (Michelin) three-star dining experience was at the celebrated French chef Michel Guerard’s restaurant, Les Prés d’Eugénie, a Relais & Chateaux property.
- According to Tom, the most overrated seasonings are truffle oil and micro-greens, while the underrated seasonings are salt and pepper.
- His guilty secret ingredient is Ketchup.
- One important rule of conduct or etiquette in his kitchen that he enforces above all others is to clean up their own mess.
- His final meal before he dies would be his mom’s gravy (Italian red sauce).
- He saved the life of cookbook author Joan Nathan when she began choking on a piece of chicken in 2009.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Flickr / CC BY-2.0