|Tones and I Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||1993|
Tones and I is an Australian indie-pop singer, songwriter, and musician who rose to fame after releasing her 2nd single Dance Monkey in May 2019 that made her reach the number 1 position in the music charts globally. Her phenomenally successful track was accredited 10× platinum by ARIA for shipments of more than 700k units. Tones became the most awarded artist at the ARIA Music Awards of 2019 and she won 4 from 8 nominations.
Tones and I, Tonah
Tones and I was born in 1993.
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia
Lakewood Estate in Frankston, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Tones and I is represented by –
- Lemon Tree Music
- Walkden-Brown of Artists Only
Indie Pop, EDM
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Drum Pads
- Bad Batch
- Sony Music
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Australian descent.
- Thin lips
- Sweet smile
Tones and I Favorite Things
- Clothing Style – Outsized outfits
- Song That She Considers To Be Her Best – The slow-burning ballad Can’t Be Happy All the Time
Source – ES.
Tones and I Facts
- She was raised in Mount Martha on the Mornington Peninsula.
- Tones has disclosed that one day when she was at a park with her family and singing a song, her aunt had pointed out her musical skills. She was around 7 years of age and that was the earliest memory of her inborn talent being noticed.
- Tones began to learn to play the keyboard and drum pad when she was in high school.
- She started busking on the streets of Melbourne and Byron Bay in 2018. She would perform with her synthesizers and loop pedal and she ended up building a loyal fan following after mesmerizing crowds.
- Tones has revealed that she was living in her van and performing on the street having no money of her own but she was the happiest she has ever been in her life.
- She was spotted by the music lawyer Walkden-Brown who offered her support and guidance and made it possible for her to get picked up by a management company. Brown has recalled how he was immediately drawn to the young artist who was busy playing a set of covers on a substandard Casio keyboard. He had noticed that passers-by were stopping to watch and completely forgetting to leave. He has remembered the uniquely beautiful tone of her voice with her inputs of top-end growls that she has referred to as “barks”.
- She won the “Battle of the Buskers” at Buskers By the Creek and soon after that, she went on to release her 1st single Johnny Run Away in March 2019 that quickly hit number 12 in the Australian charts.
- Her huge success has led to her platform growing wider and her having to forego busking on the streets like before. This has been upsetting for Tones and she has struggled, trying to figure out how to continue fan engagement, as her favorite thing has always been talking to people.
Featured Image by Tones and I / Instagram