Tristan Trevor James Thompson
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tristan Thompson went to the
- St. Marguerite d’Youville Secondary School in Brampton.
- Saint Benedict’s Preparatory School in Newark.
- Henderson International School.
After graduating from high school, he got admission at The University of Texas at Austin.
Professional basketball player
- Father – Trevor Thompson
- Mother – Andrea Thompson
- Siblings – Amari Thompson (Younger Brother), Dishawn Thompson (Younger Brother), Daniel Thompson (Younger Brother) (Former High School Basketball Player)
- Others – Jemal Thompson (Cousin) (Former Professional Football Player)
Tristan Thompson is represented by Rich Paul.
Power Forward, Center
6 ft 9 in or 206 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tristan Thompson has dated –
- Jordan Craig (2014-2016) – Tristan started dating model Jordan Craig towards the end of 2014. Their relationship made a debut on the pages of tabloids in August 2014 after they were pictured leaving a Los Angeles nightclub. They separated in mid-2016 as he turned his attention to Khloe Kardashian. When they broke up, Jordan was pregnant with his child. In December 2016, she gave birth to a son.
- Khloe Kardashian (2016-2019) – Tristan dumped Jordan for the American reality star, Khloe Kardashian when they started dating in August 2016. Their relationship was made public in September as they were pictured leaving Bootsy Bellows nightclub in Los Angeles. A couple of days later, they flew out for a romantic vacation in Mexico. By Halloween’s Eve, they had openly started posting on Snapchat about their relationship. In March 2017, it was reported that they had broken up and he was looking to reunite with the mother of his child. However, Khloe banished all such rumors by stating that she wanted to get married to him eventually. The couple welcomed their first child together, a daughter named True Thompson on April 12, 2018. In October 2018, there were some breakup rumors going on in the media. After 10 months of welcoming the daughter True, Khloe left Tristan in February 2019 as he had cheated on Khloe with many other women nearing the birth of True.
- Jordyn Woods (2019) – In February 2019, Tristan was seen trying to get comfy and cozy with his Kylie’s (then sister-in-law) childhood friend Jordyn Woods. Jordyn was unavailable to comment but later, she opened up and said that she herself was in shock with Tristan’s behavior and had no interest in him. They were never spotted together after that.
- Karizma Ramirez (2019-Present) – In March 2019, rumors of Tristan dating model and former waitress, Karizma started making headlines soon after his break-up with Khloe. The rumors were confirmed when he was spotted outside The Dominick Hotel in New York with the lady in news.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jamaican origin.
- Tall and imposing presence
- Close-cropped hairdo
Tristan has done a lucrative brand endorsement deal with the sportswear giant, Nike. He has also done promotional work for Tim Hortons and Biosteel.
He has also lent his voice for the Bobblehead commercial in which his bobblehead model was also featured.
Best Known For
Playing for the NBA team, Cleveland Cavaliers, with whom he has managed to win the NBA title in 2016.
First Basketball Match
In December 2011, he made his professional debut against Toronto Raptors. He managed to score 12 points in a 17-minute cameo on his debut.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of NBA matches, he made his first TV show appearance in sports show, Game Changers in 2016.
To keep himself in the best shape during the summers and to ensure that his preparation is perfect for the new season, he undertakes a grueling offseason workout regime. He started his day with an on-court session, which comprised of game-related drills and exercises. He followed it up with a weight lifting workout. After that, he had another on-court workout session in the afternoon.
Apart from these workout sessions, he ran a lot to keep his stamina up.
Going by his old workout videos, he loves to go for circuit training style sessions, which help in building stamina and explosive power. He uses Battle Ropes for a series of exercises including jumping jacks.
The other preferred exercises include box jumps, burpees, sledgehammer swings and kettlebell swings.
Tristan Thompson Favorite Things
- Sports Apart From Basketball – Ice Hockey
- NHL Team – Toronto Maple Leaves
- Basketball Movie – He Got Game (1998)
- Music Artists – Drake and The Weeknd
- Donuts Bakery – Tim Hortons
Source – Cavs Nation
Tristan Thompson Facts
- In middle school, he used to play soccer. However, he later switched to basketball as his tall height made it bit too hard to run up and down the field.
- He decided to leave St. Benedict’s after junior year due to his strained relationship with basketball team coach Dan Hurley. They even had a blazing row during a timeout in a match, which led to him being dropped from the team.
- His youngest brother, Amari has been diagnosed with epilepsy, which has led to Tristan working with a number of foundations such as Epilepsy Toronto to raise funds as well as awareness about the condition.
- In June 2011, he created his own piece of history by becoming the first Canadian player in NBA history to be drafted fourth overall after being picked by Cleveland Cavaliers.
- In December 2016, he became the first player in the history of Cleveland Cavaliers to participate in 400 consecutive regular competitive games. His streak came to an end at 447 games after a sprained thumb forced him to sit out against Boston Celtics.
- In October 2015, he was offered a lucrative $82 million five-year contract by Cavaliers. This brought an end to a four-month-long stalemate, which had led to him missing preseason and training camp.
- Catch Tristan on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.