|Tuba Büyüküstün Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1982|
Over the years, Tuba Büyüküstün has steadily proven herself to be one of the gifted Turkish actresses of her generation. She started her career by appearing in TV commercials and got her first acting gig in 2003 after she was cast in a guest role in Sultan Makamı. Since then, she has earned accolades for her role as Hasret on the TV series, Gonulcelen. She has also been praised for her work as Elif Denizer on the series, Kara Para Ask, and for playing the lead role in the TV movie, Gulizar. She has also earned quite a following on social media with over 4 million followers on Instagram and 5 million fans on Facebook.
Hatice Tuba Büyüküstün
Tuba Büyüküstün went to Mimar Sinan University and studied stage decoration and costume design.
- Father – Serdar Büyüküstün
- Mother – Handan Büyüküstün
She is represented by Yasemin Ozbudun Talent Management.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tuba Büyüküstün has dated –
- Bulent Inal (2005-2007) – Tuba started dating Kurdish actor Bulent Inal in 2005. The duo dated for around 2 years before Tuba broke up with him in 2007 as the news of him dating Turkish actress, Beren Saat, broke out.
- Onur Saylak (2011-2017) – Tuba got married to Turkish actor and filmmaker, Onur Saylak, in the summer of 2011. They had first met each other while working in the TV series, Asi. It is reported that they grew closer on the sets of Gönülcelen. Eventually, they tied the knot in a romantic ceremony held in Paris. In the early months of 2012, she gave birth to twin daughters, Toprak and Maya. However, in June 2017, it was announced that they had officially got separated.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Greek ancestry. While on her mother’s side, she is of Crimean (Russian) descent.
Usually sports a short-length hairstyle
Tuba Büyüküstün has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Maximum Card
- Lamees and Mohannad perfume
She has also used her social media activity to promote brands such as IWC Watches, Zeynep Tosun, and Midnight Express.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the Turkish TV series, Kara Para Aşk
- Having played the starring role in the thriller TV series, Cesur ve Güzel
- Being cast in the starring role in the drama movie, Istanbul Kirmizisi
In 2005, she made her theatrical film debut in the drama movie, Babam ve Oğlum.
First TV Show
In 2003, Tuba Büyüküstün made her first TV show appearance on the drama TV series, Sultan Makami.
Tuba maintains a healthy lifestyle to ensure that she remains in the perfect shape. No matter how busy and packed her daily schedule is, she always finds some time for sports.
When it comes to her diet, she makes sure that she completely refrains from eating junk food. Also, she eats meat only once a week. Moreover, she drinks a lot of water and other liquids to flush out the toxins from her body.
Tuba Büyüküstün Favorite Things
- Healthy Drink – Pomegranate Juice
- Travel Destination – Paris
- Dish To Eat – Manti (Dumplings)
- Priceless Moments – Sleeping with her children
- Thing She Likes About Herself – Her honesty
- Favorite Thing About Being in Love – It makes you feel like you can breathe.
- Guilty Pleasure – Eating oily food items
- Favorite Saying In A Song In Turkish – “You’re either inside the circle or not.”
Tuba Büyüküstün Facts
- She started working in TV commercials while she was studying at the university.
- In her free time, she likes to go for horse riding and skiing. She also loves painting, sculpting, and driving cars.
- After she was cast in the comedy-drama movie, Sinav, she got an opportunity to work with the legendary action hero, Jean-Claude Van Damme.
- In 2010, she got an opportunity to play the leading role for the first time in a theatrical movie after she was cast in Yüreğine Sor.
- Her tremendous performance in the drama TV series, 20 Dakika, helped her get worldwide exposure as she was nominated for the International Emmy Award for Best Actress, given by the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- In 2014, she was made a goodwill ambassador of UNICEF Turkey.
- Visit her official website @ tubabuyukustun.com.tr.
Featured Image by Tuba Büyüküstün / Instagram