|Umesh Yadav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1987|
Umesh Yadav is a well-distinguished Indian cricketer who is best known for his fast bowling with a top speed of 152.5 km/h and a consistent bowling pace of 145 km/h. Besides that, he is also the only Vidarbha player to have played Test cricket. He was also the highest wicket-taker in the Indian cricket team at the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup. On the other hand, Umesh also has a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 3 million followers on Twitter.
Umeshkumar Tilak Yadav
Vidarbha Hurricane, Babloo
Deoria, Uttar Pradesh, India
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Umesh studied at Shankar Rao Chouhan Vidyalaya in Khaperkheda. In the past, he also attended Government Higher Secondary School, Walani.
Cricketer, Assistant Manager
- Father – Tilak Yadav (Coal Miner)
- Mother – Kishori Devi
- Siblings – Ramesh Yadav (Older Brother), he has one older brother and sister.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Umesh has dated –
- Tanya Wadhwa (2013-Present) – They got married on May 29, 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short curly hair
- Tall physique
- He has tattoo’s on his left forearm and arm.
Umesh has appeared in commercials for various brands such as for the Reserve Bank Of India and Manyavar.
Umesh Yadav Facts
- He was raised in a not so well-to-do household. His parents shifted from Jharkhand to Nagpur during his childhood years.
- His brother was acquitted in a robbery case in the past.
- Umesh’s father was a coal miner. It was his father’s dream to see his son get a government job.
- Growing up, he had always wanted to be a police officer. He even sat for the test of a constable’s post but was unable to clear it.
- In the past, Umesh was unable to make it onto his college team as he had not played for any club prior to 2007 and the only experience that he had was with a tennis ball.
- The first club that he had joined was the “Vidarbha Gymkhana.”
- He bowled with a leather ball was the first time “Guzder League ‘A’ Division” cricket tournament.
- Umesh made his first-class debut for Vidarbha in November 2008 against Madhya Pradesh at the “2008–09 Ranji Trophy.”
- When he was chosen by the “Delhi Daredevils” in 2008, he was bought at $30, 000. Almost, a decade ago, at the 2018 IPL auction, he was bought by the “Royal Challengers Bangalore” for an astounding INR 4.2 crore.
- His talent was discovered by former Indian first-class cricketer Pritam Gandhe. It was he who help Yadav build a career in the sport for himself and also got him to represent Air India at the Twenty20 tournament.
- In July 2017, Yadav was appointed as an assistant manager at the “Reserve Bank of India”‘s Nagpur office. Unfortunately for him, his home in Nagpur was robbed of INR 45000 and 2 phones on the same day.
- He started considering cricket to be his passion when he was 19 years old.
- Umesh prefers to bowl from wide of the crease that angels into a right-handed batsman.
- He is close friends with Ravichandran Ashwin and Bhuvneshvar Kumar.
Featured Image By Umesh Yadav / Instagram