|Valentina Shevchenko Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|March 7, 1988
Valentina Shevchenko is one of the greatest female former Muay Thai fighters who has accomplished a lot and has won various championships and medals. She is known for her Southpaw stance and her style of fighting has earned her large followings on social media with over 600k followers on Instagram and more than 750k followers on Twitter.
Valentina Anatolievna Shevchenko
Houston, Texas, United States
Valentina Shevchenko attended the University of Arts Kyrgystan and studied Film Directing.
Mixed Martial Artist
- Siblings – Antonina Shevchenko (Older Sister)
Valentina Shevchenko self-manages her career.
- Bantamweight (MMA)
- Flyweight (MMA)
- Lightweight (Kickboxing)
67 in or 170 cm
Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Boxing, Judo
Tiger Muay Thai, Gracie Barra Texas
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ukrainian heritage.
- Wide forehead
- Visible abs and toned mid-section
- She has a tattoo of a Glock with 3 bullets on the left side of her abdomen.
Valentina Shevchenko has either promoted or endorsed several brands, like –
- Brownells, Inc.
- Smith & Wesson Corp.
- Dapper Scrappers
- LUCHO Shoes
- Girls with Guns Clothing
Best Known For
- Being one of the top-rated professional mixed martial artists with roots from Peru and Kyrgyzstan
- Her achievements in the various competitions which include winning over 8 Golds in IFMA (International Muay Thai Federation) Championship, winning a gold in World Combat Games in 2010 and 2013, and winning World Championship in KF-1 MMA Pro in Seoul
- Reaching #1 in the official UFC flyweight rankings in July 2018
First Wrestling Match
On April 21, 2003, she made her MMA debut in Kyrgyz Federation of Kulatuu event in Kyrgyzstan against Eliza Aidaralieva, winning the match by 1-0 by TKO (punches).
First TV Show
In 2011, she made her first TV show appearance on the sports show Into the Fire.
Valentina Shevchenko trains under the watchful eyes of coach Pavel Fedotov. When she is training for a fight, she usually begins early in the morning and the training gets divided into 2-3 sessions a day. The intensity of the training increases each day as she gets closer to the fight.
During her fight training sessions, she pays special attention to her striking and grappling techniques. She does additional conditioning outdoors during the afternoon which gradually becomes more grueling. On a normal day, she practices sambo, judo, wrestling, boxing, taekwondo, and does gym workout.
As for her diet, she maintains a clean diet throughout, focusing on healthy and nutritious food.
Valentina Shevchenko Favorite Things
- Grappling Technique – Chokes
- Striking Technique – Spinning Back Kick
- Fighter – Benny “The Jet” Urquidez
Source – UFC, TheFightingMonkeysMMAMadness.com
Valentina Shevchenko Facts
- She started her Taekwondo training when she was 5 years old as it was a family tradition.
- Her mother, who was also a martial artist, has been Valentina’s inspiration since her young age.
- Since her early years, she has been training in multiple disciplines like sambo, judo, wrestling, boxing, and taekwondo.
- She entered her first competition at the age of 7.
- She earned the name “Bullet” from her coach Pavel Fedotov after she knocked out her 22-year-old opponent with speed inside the ring.
- Valentina holds several ranks including 2nd Dan black belt and Master of Sports in Taekwondo, International Master of Sports in Muay Thai, Master of Sports in Boxing, Master of Sports in Kickboxing, and a black belt and Master of Sports in Judo.
- She was featured in online Gun Cult magazine in their April 2018 issue.
- She has achieved a lot in Muay Thai /K-1 with 56 wins against 2 losses with a combined professional record of 67 wins and 3 losses by 2017.
- Valentina considers her family, friends, and supporters as her true heroes.
- She can speak Russian and Spanish.
- She has beaten Joanna Jedrzejczyk, UFC’s longtime female Strawweight Champion, many times.
- She also has a huge passion for practicing shooting using Glock pistols.
- In her free time, she likes to dance.
- Visit her official website @ bulletko.com.
- Follow Valentina Shevchenko on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Valentina Shevchenko / Instagram