|Edward Enninful Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1972|
Edward Enninful is an English creative director and former model of Ghanaian-descent who has revolutionized the fashion industry in his role as the editor-in-chief of British Vogue (2017-Present) by adopting a more bold and inclusive approach to fashion.
Edward Kobina Enninful
Edward is an alumnus of Goldsmiths, University of London.
Former Model, Creative Director
- Father – Major Crosby Enninful
- Mother – Grace Enninful
- Siblings – He has 5 siblings.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Edward has dated –
- Alec Maxwell – He and his long-term partner Alec Maxwell tied the knot on February 22, 2022, on the occasion of Edward’s 50th birthday, at the exquisite Longleat House in Wiltshire.
Race / Ethnicity
He is bald.
He has endorsed several brands such as –
- Pepe Jeans
- Louis Vuitton
- Tom Ford
- Justine Clenquet
Edward Enninful Facts
- In April 2017, he became the first editor-in-chief of British Vogue of African descent.
- In 1991, Edward stepped into the role of fashion director at i-D Magazine at the age of 18. In doing so, he became the youngest fashion director to take charge of an international publication.
- In July 2008, he spearheaded the ‘Black Issue’ for Italian Vogue featuring models Naomi Campbell, Liya Kebede, Jourdan Dunn, and Sessilee Lopez. The issue became a watershed moment in fashion and quickly sold out in a span of 72 hours, prompting the publisher Condé Nast to reprint 40,000 additional copies.
- Edward released his memoir titled A Visible Man in September 2022.
- He is a pet dad to a Boston Terrier named Ru Enninful.
- In June 2011, Edward styled the widely-praised ‘Belle Vere’ cover editorial for Italian Vogue which featured plus-size models like Candice Huffine, Tara Lynn, and Robyn Lawley.
- In 2014, he was awarded the title of ‘Fashion Creator of the Year’ by the British Fashion Council (BFC).
Featured Image by Edward Enninful / Instagram