|Valkyrae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1992|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Valkyrae is an American video game streamer, YouTuber, and social media influencer who had first come into the spotlight for her streams of games such as Bloodborne, The Walking Dead, and many more on the Twitch platform where she had earned more than 1 million followers. She had started posting similar videos on her self-titled YouTube channel in 2018, having created the account in 2014, and has amassed more than 3 million subscribers there. She is highly popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter and more than 5 million followers on Instagram. In January 2020, she had left Twitch and signed up a contract with YouTube to stream exclusively on the latter platform, citing ‘financial security’ and ‘creative freedom’. The same year, a YouTube executive had revealed that she was the fastest-growing live streamer in the world.
Rachell Marie Hofstetter
Washington, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Valkyrae, after her high school graduation, had attended a community college.
Video Game Streamer, YouTuber, Social Media Influencer
- Father – Her father had passed away in 2017.
- Siblings – KC Lyn Marie Hofstetter (Younger Sister)
She is represented by Hana Tjia, Manager and Agent, United Talent Agency (UTA), Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 3.5 in or 161 cm
In 2018, Valkyrae revealed her height to a fan on Twitter as 5 ft 3.5 in.
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Valkyrae has dated –
- Michael Sherman (2016–2020) – Valkyrae began dating a fellow gamer and Twitch streamer Michael ‘sonii’ Sherman in January 2016. They had broken up in 2018 but had mended their relationship later that year. In March 2020, during a live stream, she revealed that the pair had split up again. This had happened as a consequence of the complications arising out of the couple moving in together into a new house at the same time that Valkyrae was having a ‘rough’ time after her complete switch from Twitch to YouTube.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White, Hispanic, and Asian)
She is of German, Spanish, Swiss, and Filipino descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde, silver, or platinum.
- Petite frame
- Long, dense, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- While Valkyrae was in college, she used to work at a GameStop (an American video game, consumer electronics, and gaming merchandise retailer) outlet. She had revealed in an interview that although she had worked there for nearly one and a half years, she had never enjoyed the experience.
- It was at that time that she had started posting her gaming videos on Instagram. She later transitioned to Twitch and once she gained a following there, she began posting her gaming videos on YouTube.
- In October 2018, she became the first female content creator and gamer to join 100Thieves, a Los Angeles-based lifestyle brand and gaming organization that runs its own competitive esports team. Valkyrae has long been a vocal and staunch advocate for more women in online gaming, pushing for more inclusivity in the gaming industry.
- In 2019, she was nominated in the category of ‘Best in Gaming’ at the 11th annual Shorty Awards.
- Her hobbies include dancing, stunt work, and watching anime TV series.
- In January 2020, she made her switch from Twitch to exclusively stream on YouTube. However, the multi-year deal was reported to be less than $1 million per year.
- At the Game Awards 2020, Valkyrae had won the Content Creator of the Year award.
- In December 2020, she accidentally revealed her revenue and other details of her YouTube channel which was $172,908.21 in the last 28 days period with 36.4 million views and 8.4 million hours of watch time.
- Valkyrae had become the most-watched female streamer on the internet of 2020 after surpassing Pokimane.
- On January 12, 2021, she had to make her Twitter account private (with over 1.6 million followers) as she became the target of a stalker who kept making new accounts after repeatedly getting blocked by her. Luckily, Twitter stepped in and they were able to help her out. On January 13, 2021, she was able to make her account public back again.
- As a part of the contract which she signed with YouTube in 2020, she was required to cover 100 streaming hours each month. However, she went over her committed hours for the entire year.
- Valkyrae confirmed in March 2021 that she was joining Sykkuno in NoPixel’s GTA RP server soon.
- In March 2021, she was seen in Machine Gun Kelly and Corpse Husband‘s music video Daywalker.
- In April 2021, Valkyrae announced that she would be keeping her YouTube stream chat to the members-only mode for the lifetime due to disrespectful comments and lack of moderation tools on YouTube.
- In June 2020, she had started living with Pokimane, xChocoBars, and Starsmitten in the same house. After almost a year, in April 2021, she had announced her plans to move out of the shared house just because she wanted to enjoy the freedom of living alone.
- In April 2021, Valkyrae hinted at quitting social media and streaming forever due to TikTok trolls and hate.
- In May 2021, Valkyrae revealed that her merchandise was probably releasing by August 2021 and she was using the same manufacturing company as Corpse Husband.
- In 2021, she had a dog named Mika.
- In May 2021, Valkyrae was featured in Bella Poarch‘s song Build a B*tch which made the record of receiving the most views (over 10 million) within 24 hours of its release on YouTube.
- In July 2021, Valkyrae partnered with Mavix for the launch of a special edition gaming chair.
- Valkyrae received some backlash when she used the term ‘fruity’ on a live stream to refer to a man while playing the game “Dating or Siblings” in July 2021.
- In September 2021, Valkyrae partnered with influencer clothing company ‘Revolt’ to launch her own streetwear clothing line brand which included sweaters, sweatpants, sweatshirts, hoodies, shirts, plushies, etc. On her first day of sale, she had over 20,000 merchandise orders.
- In September 2021, Valkyrae revealed the most unusual gift, she had ever received from a fan – a receipt for a d*ldo. The receipt was inside a lot many custom made boxes.
- She celebrated her 30th birthday on January 8, 2022, with fans. Her fans gave her 3 surprises. The first one was a 40-minute compilation video that recollected the best moments that she had spent on-stream with friends in 2021. The second surprise was a virtual art gallery that showed fan-made art called ‘Birthrae Gallerae’. The third and final surprise was a link filled with 100s of happy birthday messages from fans. All these things collectively brought her down to tears.
- In early 2020, she had first signed a contract with YouTube Gaming for 24 months. In January 2022, she had renewed her contract with YouTube Gaming for another 24 months which she had confirmed on January 31, 2022, via Twitter.
Featured Image by Valkyrae / Instagram