|Disguised Toast Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Disguised Toast is a Canadian social media star. He is best known for his eponymous YouTube channel which has amassed a fanbase of more than 1.5 million subscribers. Between 2015 and 2019, he streamed his content on Twitch but signed an exclusive streaming deal with Facebook Gaming in November 2019.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
He alternated between a school for foreigners and a local elementary school in Malaysia, which was why his English and Mandarin skills were at the same level. He attended a high school in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Disguised Toast attended the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics after he failed to major in Computer Science.
Social Media Star
- Siblings – Jimmy Wang (Older Brother), Jenny Wang (Older Sister)
Disguised Toast is represented by United Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Disguised Toast has dated –
- Janet “xChocoBars” Rose (2018-2020) – He dated a fellow social media star, known as xChocoBars, between 2018 and January 12, 2020. He joked that their breakup happened shortly after he obtained perfect vision through LASIK surgery.
Race / Ethnicity
He has donated money to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in the past.
Disguised Toast Facts
- He was born in Taiwan but his family moved to Penang, Malaysia when he was just a few months old.
- He discovered he has a penchant for gaming around 1999 when he started playing a video game named Diablo.
- Some of his earliest gaming-related activities include starting a Hearthstone fan site with his brother. They made posters and infographics before they moved to a video format.
- Disguised Toast created an online game titled The Frustration Game in high school.
- He worked on the official NFL Mobile App as a programmer.
- Besides Hearthstone, he played and streamed games such as League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, Valorant, and Fortnite.
- His nickname is a reference to a sound effect for the SI:7 Agent card inside a video game Hearthstone, which reads “This guy’s toast”. One player pointed out the pronunciation can also sound like “disguised toast” and he found it funny.
- He used to hide his identity with a cardboard mask shaped like a toast, paired with sunglasses and a mustache. He accidentally revealed his face in October 2016.
- Because he overslept in the morning, Disguised Toast was disqualified from the ONOG Major Circuit at PAX East in March 2017.
- A well-known TV host and comedian, Conan O’Brien, called his nickname “the greatest name in gaming history” in October 2017.
- Disguised Toast became a member of the California-based group of content creators, Offline TV, in October 2017. Other members include Michael Reeves, Imane “Pokimane” Anys, Lily “LilyPichu” Ki, William “Scarra” Li, and Federico “Fedmyster” M. Gaytan.
- Before he joined OfflineTV, he signed a 6-month contract with TSM but changed his mind.
- Disguised Toast was asked to reveal a new card from the Saviors of Uldum expansion of Hearthstone by Blizzard in late 2019 but turned it down.
- He was nominated for “Twitch Streamer of the Year” at the 11th Shorty Awards in 2019. The award went to Ninja.
- According to him, the biggest con of being a streamer is the inability to take an extended break which leads to getting burnt out. He has witnessed fellow streamers losing between 95% and 99% of their audience after a 1-month break.
- Disguised Toast doesn’t want to be a streamer for the rest of his life. He has thought of becoming a manager for other streamers.
Featured Image by Disguised Toast / Instagram