|Disguised Toast Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Disguised Toast is a Canadian social media star. He is best known for his eponymous YouTube channel which has amassed a fanbase of more than 3.25 million subscribers. Between 2015 and 2019, he streamed his content on Twitch but signed an exclusive streaming deal with Facebook Gaming in November 2019 which ended after 2 years in November 2021.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
He alternated between a school for foreigners and a local elementary school in Malaysia, which was why his English and Mandarin skills were at the same level. He attended a high school in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Disguised Toast attended the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics after he failed to major in Computer Science.
Social Media Star
- Siblings – Jimmy Wang (Older Brother), Jenny Wang (Older Sister)
Disguised Toast is represented by United Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Disguised Toast has dated –
- Janet “xChocoBars” Rose (2018-2020) – He dated a fellow social media star, known as xChocoBars, between 2018 and January 12, 2020. He joked that their breakup happened shortly after he obtained perfect vision through LASIK surgery.
Race / Ethnicity
He has donated money to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in the past.
Disguised Toast Facts
- He was born in Taiwan but his family moved to Penang, Malaysia when he was just a few months old.
- He discovered he has a penchant for gaming around 1999 when he started playing a video game named Diablo.
- Some of his earliest gaming-related activities include starting a Hearthstone fan site with his brother. They made posters and infographics before they moved to a video format.
- Disguised Toast created an online game titled The Frustration Game in high school.
- He worked on the official NFL Mobile App as a programmer.
- Besides Hearthstone, he has played and streamed games such as League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, Valorant, and Fortnite.
- His nickname is a reference to a sound effect for the SI:7 Agent card inside a video game Hearthstone, which reads “This guy’s toast”. One player pointed out the pronunciation can also sound like “disguised toast” and he found it funny.
- He used to hide his identity with a cardboard mask shaped like a toast, paired with sunglasses and a mustache. He accidentally revealed his face in October 2016.
- Because he overslept in the morning, Disguised Toast was disqualified from the ONOG Major Circuit at PAX East in March 2017.
- A well-known TV host and comedian, Conan O’Brien, called his nickname “the greatest name in gaming history” in October 2017.
- Disguised Toast became a member of the California-based group of content creators, Offline TV, in October 2017. Other members include Michael Reeves, Imane “Pokimane” Anys, Lily “LilyPichu” Ki, William “Scarra” Li, and Federico “Fedmyster” M. Gaytan.
- Before he joined OfflineTV, he signed a 6-month contract with TSM but changed his mind.
- Disguised Toast was asked to reveal a new card from the Saviors of Uldum expansion of Hearthstone by Blizzard in late 2019 but turned it down.
- He was nominated for “Twitch Streamer of the Year” at the 11th Shorty Awards in 2019. The award went to Ninja.
- According to him, the biggest con of being a streamer is the inability to take an extended break which leads to getting burnt out. He has witnessed fellow streamers losing between 95% and 99% of their audience after a 1-month break.
- Disguised Toast doesn’t want to be a streamer for the rest of his life. He has thought of becoming a manager for other streamers.
- In January 2021, Disguised Toast announced via Twitter that he would be taking a break from content creation as he was traveling to Canada to take care of his father. However, he would continue to stream to fulfill his contractual obligations with Facebook Gaming.
- In April 2021, along with Corpse Husband and Sykkuno, Disguised Toast sent an 11-year old fan of Among Us, Happy Birthday wishes, which made him cry with happiness.
- Disguised Toast was temporarily banned from Twitch in April 2021 because he was watching an old PUBG montage that had a homophobic slur in it.
- On May 1, 2021, Jeremy Wang finally concluded the Among Us era by posting an emotional message on Twitter. He had been posting videos on Among Us daily for the past 8 months but after April 2021 end, he had run short of content and hence bid goodbye.
- Due to his mental health concerns, in July 2021, Jeremy revealed that he was taking time off of Twitter. He had also deleted his Twitter profile picture and banner.
- On November 17, 2021, Disguised Toast had announced his exit from Facebook Gaming. Within the same month, he had resumed his Twitch streaming.
- In January 2022, he was banned from Twitch after he had broadcast anime to his viewers.
Featured Image by Disguised Toast / Instagram