|Van Hunt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 8, 1970|
Van Hunt is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer who came to limelight with his debut album Van Hunt (2004). He gained further popularity by releasing numerous other albums like The Fun Rises, the Fun Sets (2015), several EPs including Connect Set (2006), a variety of compilations such as Use in Case of Emergency (2009), and a number of singles like Eyes Like Pearls (2011). He is the recipient of numerous awards including the Grammy Award for “Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals” that he won for having appeared on the tribute version of the Sly & the Family Stone single Family Affair in 2006.
Dayton, Ohio, United States
He enrolled in Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia in 1996 where he began to study English, but soon dropped out after deciding to produce demos for rappers instead.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Producer
- Father – Van Hunt, Sr.
He is represented by Randy Jackson.
Neo-Soul, Funk, Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Drums, Saxophone
- Capitol Records
- Blue Note Records
- Godless Hotspot/Thirty Tigers
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Halle Berry (2020-Present) – There had been speculation for some time that he had been dating actress Halle. He had hinted at a romance with her in late August via an Instagram image, while she seemed to confirm their relationship by dropping a photograph on her Instagram account in September 2020.
- He has a son from a previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Beard and mustache
- Fuller lips
Van Hunt Favorite Things
- Passionate About – Social justice, always having boldly stood up for a cause
- Alternative Profession – Doing something in Applied Mathematics or Astrophysics having pointed out, however, to have not been a bright student
Van Hunt Facts
- His father was a pal of Jimmy “Diamond” Williams who was the drummer of the popular funk band Ohio Players.
- He had taken up drums when he was 7 years old only and had proved to be good at it. He began learning to play the saxophone at the age of 8, adding bass and keyboards later. The last instrument he learned to play was the guitar, having gone on to play it for a rock band named Royalty.
- Hunt has performed alongside many A-list musicians including Mary J. Blige and Kanye West.
- He has affirmed that he has loved being a father to his son adding that it was a lot of fun and that he could not imagine anyone not wanting to explore the opportunity to be a father if he takes the decision to have a child.
Featured Image by Van Hunt / Instagram.