|Varun Gandhi Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|March 13, 1980
|Yamini Roy Chowdhury
Varun Gandhi is an Indian politician who is a Member of Parliament representing the Pilibhit constitution on behalf of the Bhartiya Janata Party. On the other hand, Varun has also served as the general secretary for the Defence Minister of India, Rajnath Singh. With time, Varun has amassed a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter and more than 4.5 million followers on Facebook.
New Delhi, India
Ashoka Road, New Delhi, India
Varun studied at various schools such as the Rishi Valley School, Modern School in C.P. New Delhi, and The British School, New Delhi.
Later, Varun joined the University of London from where he earned a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Economics.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Varun has dated –
- Yamini Roy Chowdhury (2011-Present) – They got married in 2011 and have a daughter named Anasuyaa Gandhi (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Oval face shape
Varun Gandhi Facts
- He was raised in New Delhi by his mother singlehandedly as his father passed away when he was only 3 months old.
- Varun did not get to grow up in the house of his grandmother Indira Gandhi’s like his mother and she was able to hit it off with one another and Maneka was asked to leave in March 1982. Varun was 3 years old at the time.
- He was about 20 years old when his mother introduced him to the Pilibhit constituency in 1999.
- Varun joined the Bhartiya Janata Party with his mother in 2004 and he also campaigned across 40 constituencies for the BJP.
- His father wanted to raise him in accordance with his Zoroastrian religion.
- He has no relation to Mahatma Gandhi.
- Varun had developed an interest in politics at a very early age. He even stood for a place on the student council while studying at The British School.
- Varun’s father Sanjay, died on the spot after his plane plummeted into the ground after a failed aerobatic attempt near the Safdarjung Airport in New Delhi on June 23, 1980.
- In the year 2000, a book titled The Otherness of Self was published by Varun. It contains 17 political poems. Thereafter, he published 2 other books, Stillness (2015) and A Rural Manifesto: Realizing India’s Future Through Her Villages (2018).
- During the 2009 general elections, Varun won the elections at the Pilibhit constituency with a calculated vote of 419, 539 votes. It was the highest ever votes received by any of the candidates including his mother, Sonia Gandhi, and Rahul Gandhi. This made him the youngest Member of Parliament.
- During the Lok Sabha polls in 2009, 2 cases were filed against him for hate speeches.
- He is a daily columnist for national dailies such as The Times Of India, Hindustan Times, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, The Asian Age, The Hindu, and Outlook. Besides that, he is also considered to be a writer for the largest syndicated column in the country with over 21 newspapers.
- Initially, his mother had named him after his grandfather, Feroze. However, his grandmother had them change it to Varun. Hence, he also goes by the name of Feroze Varun Gandhi.
Featured Image By Varun Gandhi / Twitter