|Venus Raj Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Venus Raj is a Filipino-Indian actress, model, and beauty pageant titleholder who rose to fame after being crowned Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2010. From there, she went on to represent her country at the Miss Universe 2010 beauty pageant and attained the 4th Runner-Up position.
Maria Venus Bayonito Raj
Venus attended Evansville Day School, Evansville, Indiana.
She graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Latin honors (cum laude) in Communication Arts, majoring in journalism, at Bicol University. Then, Venus went on to attain her Master’s degree in Community Development from the University of the Philippines Diliman.
Venus took a short course at Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (OCCA), Oxford, England.
Actress, Model, Beauty Pageant Titleholder
- Father – Vincent Raj
- Mother – Ester Landagan Talagtag
- Siblings – Venus has 4 older siblings.
- Others – Ambrocio Talagtag y Galón (Maternal Grandfather), Socorro Acido Landagan (Maternal Grandmother), Graciano Talagtag (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Basilia Galón (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Rio Dela Cruz (Cousin) (Actor)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note: Venus had once stated in an interview that she had been in a relationship with a 28-year-old man when she was just 16 years old.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
Venus has Filipino (Bicolano) ancestry on her mother’s side and Indian and American ancestry on her father’s side.
- Well-toned physical appearance
- Raised eyebrows
Venus has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Pizza Hut
- Cream Silk
- MX3 Natural Supplements
Through her social media, Venus has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- DR’s Secret
- Aerian Essentials
Venus Raj Facts
- She spent the first 21 years in Doha, Qatar before relocating to Bato, Camarines Sur in the Bicolandia.
- Venus had started taking part in beauty pageants and oratorical contests while attending Evansville Day School where she was coached by her English teacher.
- Her mother Ester is originally from Bato, Camarines Sur.
- She made her debut TV show appearance as a Kapamilya Challenger in I Dare You in 2011. Later, in 2012, she was cast in her first theatrical film as Celine in Pridyider.
- The earliest post that Venus uploaded to her Instagram account was on May 13, 2012.
- According to her Instagram handle, Venus is a community worker and youth advocate.
- She is very fond of the taste of cinnamon rolls and coffee.
- Venus was given a scholarship from the Francis Papica Foundation to study at Bicol University.
- Venus made her professional beauty pageant debut at the Miss Philippines Earth 2008 where she won the title of Miss Eco-Tourism 2008 in the preliminary rounds. After that, she started working as an Information Assistant for the Department of Environment and Natural Resources in the Bicol Region. However, Venus returned to competing in beauty pageants winning the Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2010 contest on March 6.
- She represented the Philippines at the 2010 Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas, Nevada attaining 4th runner up.
- Over the years, Venus has won several well-known awards including the 25th PMPC Star Awards for TV, 26th PMPC Star Awards for TV, and 27th PMPC Star Awards for TV.
Featured Image By Venus Raj / Instagram