|Verne Troyer Quick Info|
|Height||2 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1969|
Verne Troyer was an American actor, comedian, YouTube star, and stunt performer who rose to fame for his portrayal of Mini-Me in the Austin Powers series of films (1997–2002).
Verne Jay Troyer
Mini Me, Mini-V
Verne was born on January 1, 1969.
He died on April 21, 2018, at the age of 49, in Los Angeles, California, due to suicide by alcohol poisoning.
Sturgis, Michigan, United States
In 1987, Troyer graduated from Centreville High School.
Actor, YouTube Star, Comedian, Stunt Performer
- Father – Reuben Troyer (Repair Technician)
- Mother – Susan Troyer (Factory Worker)
- Siblings – Davon Troyer (Older Brother), Deborah Troyer (Younger Sister)
2 ft 8 in or 81 cm
25 kg or 55 lbs
At the time of his death, Troyer weighed 55 lbs.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Verne has dated –
- Genevieve Gallen (2004) – He got married to his yoga instructor Genevieve Gallen in January 2004. However, the couple legally parted ways a month later.
- Brittney Powell (2007–2018)
- Ranae Shrider – While in a relationship with his then live-in girlfriend Ranae Shrider, a private adult film of them was leaked in public by Shrider and TMZ on June 25, 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
He had German and distant Swiss-German ancestry.
His protruding eyes, clean shaved head, and small height
Troyer had appeared in the commercials for various brands such as –
- Sony PlayStation (1999)
- Sunny Delight (2001)
- 1-800-COLLECT (2001)
- Taco Bell (2002)
- Apple.com (2003)
- Cadbury Chocettes (2004)
- DirecTV (2006)
- Geico (2006)
- World of Warcraft (2008)
- Bgo.com (2014)
- Bgo.com – The Boss (2015, 2016)
Verne Troyer Facts
- He was brought up in Centreville, Michigan in a family that was not financially strong.
- Troyer was still a child when his parents stopped the practice of the Amish religion.
- As a baby, Verne had a near-death experience as he had contracted an infection that left him lifeless. Nevertheless, his father’s unwillingness to lose Verne ultimately saved his life as he was put in an “oxygen tent”, where he steadily recovered.
- Growing up, Verne played football and enjoyed running around with his siblings. He even took care of the farm animals and carried wood like his average-sized siblings.
- In the year 2003, a plaque on the school wall of Centreville High School was dedicated to Verne.
- It was a former president of the Little People of America organization that helped him get into the film industry. He was given a role in the all-time classic cult film Baby’s Day Out (1994) as a stunt double for “Baby Bink”.
- On April 29, 2015, Verne joined the YouTube community where he uploaded food and vlog related videos. By the end of 2020, Troyer had close to 1.5 million subscribers.
- He suffered from a rare genetic disorder called cartilage–hair hypoplasia.
- Prior to his death, he had been to rehab on several occasions due to his alcohol addiction. However, his lost battle to the abuse of alcohol led to his death on April 21, 2018.
- His autopsy report revealed fatally high levels of alcohol that eventually brought on alcohol poisoning. Later, his death was ruled out as suicide by alcohol poisoning.
- He was considered to be one of the smallest men in the world.
Featured Image By Verne Troyer / Instagram