We live in a world where a new fitness or diet trend crops up every day. If you are also tired of learning about each diet or fitness trend and then not getting results, then we suggest you listen to the experts in the field. Justin Gelband, a trainer, credited with helping Victoria’s Secret models, including Candice Swanepoel, Erin Heatherton, Irina Shayk, Karlie Kloss, and Martha Hunt in shape recently shared his ideas on a suitable diet. He also shared the most common mistakes people make while hoping to get some ab muscles.
Have a look at the workout and diet advice he shared and try to implement the advice that fits your lifestyle.
Paleo is Good
The fitness fanatic thinks that having a Paleo diet is a good idea. It’s a low carb and high-fat diet in which you can eat –
- Fruits like oranges, apples, bananas, pears, avocados, blueberries, strawberries, etc.
- Vegetables like kale, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, carrots, and peppers.
- Lean meats like turkey, pork, lamb, chicken, beef, and veal.
- Seafood like trout, salmon, shrimp, haddock, shellfish, etc.
- Nuts and seeds like almonds, and hazelnuts.
- Natural, healthy fats such as olive oil, lard, and coconut oil.
Foods you can’t eat while sticking to Paleo diet are
- Dairy products like cheese, milk, butter, ice cream and white chocolate.
- Grains like pasta, rice, wheat, bread, rye, spelt (a type of wheat), and barley as well.
- Processed food like pizza, chips, hot dogs, burgers, donuts, breakfast cereals, etc.
- Foods that have processed sugar such as fruit juice, soda, cake, table sugar, etc.
- Legumes like lentils or beans.
- Limiting alcohol and sticking to distilled liquor with no mi is also suggested.
Exercise is not Everything
If you want to be fitter, you need to understand that maintaining a healthy weight is not just about the hours you spend while exercising. It’s a fact that 85 percent of what you do is what you eat.
Juicing isn’t for Weight Loss
In case you are on a yoga retreat in Bali, and you are doing loads of meditation or yoga, then you can depend on juice diets to prevent yourself from eating heavy foods. Otherwise, you should avoid it.
Getting VS Models Catwalk Ready
His secret to getting Victoria’s Secret models ready for the catwalk is to ensure that they have the right foods that can give them adequate energy. A model should never be expected to look like a bean pole.
3 Mistakes People Make While Aiming to Develop Ab Muscles
Justin has also listed the top three mistakes made by people while they hope to develop ab muscles. They are mentioned right here.
- Doing Crunches
The talented trainer thinks that crunches are ineffective and they are not good for your body. They put too much pressure on your spine and can lead to a lot of pressure on the back. This move doesn’t let other muscles engage in the movement and limits your range of motion as well as the overall effectiveness.
- Not Modifying Your Diet
When hoping to develop ab muscles, you should eat properly. You can try eating according to your blood type. You should also consult an expert on what foods you need to ban to develop ab muscles. Some examples of such foods are frozen foods, processed foods, sugar laden foods, etc.
- Considering Core and Abs to be the Same
Many people make the mistake of considering the core to be the same as abs. As a fitness enthusiast, you should know that your core is made up of a few different body parts. It’s not just your abs, it also includes your stomach, butt, hips, and your lower back.
To develop the core, you should do rotational movements and activities such as swimming, biking, running on the beach, etc. These exercises won’t put a lot of pressure on your lower back. Always stick to doing varied types of motions and movements so that a single part of your body doesn’t have to bear the brunt like the lower back does when you do lots of crunches at once.
Featured Image from Justin Gelband / Instagram