|Vincent Zhou Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Vincent Zhou is an American figure skater who had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2021 GP (Grand Prix) Skate America, the 2021 CS (Challenger Series) Nebelhorn Trophy, the 2017 Bavarian Open, and the 2021–22 Cranberry Cup. He has claimed the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2020 GP Skate America, the 2021 GP NHK Trophy, the 2017 CS Finlandia Trophy, and the 2018 CS Tallinn Trophy. He had stood 3rd at the 2019 World Figure Skating Championships, the 2019 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, and the 2019 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic. In team events, representing the United States, he had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2019 ISU (International Skating Union) World Team Trophy in Figure Skating, the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, and the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2019 Japan Open.
San Jose, California, United States
He splits his time between Palo Alto, Santa Clara County, California, United States, and Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States.
Vincent and his mother had moved from California to Colorado Springs in the spring of 2015 where he had attended the Cheyenne Mountain High School. He had later studied via the Capistrano Connections Academy, a for-profit corporate provider of online school products and services to virtual schools for grades K-12 across the United States, to accommodate his figure skating training.
After completing his high school graduation at the age of 16, he had taken a gap from 2017 to 2018 to focus on figure skating. In the fall of 2019, he had joined Brown University, a private Ivy League research university in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Father – Max Zhou (Computer Scientist)
- Mother – Fei Ge (Computer Scientist)
- Siblings – Vivian Zhou (Older Sister) (Violinist, Diver)
He is represented by David Baden, Manager and Booking Agent, International Management Group (IMG), New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Chinese descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Vincent Zhou Facts
- Vincent, at the international-junior level, had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2017 World Junior Figure Skating Championships and the 2013 Gardena Spring Trophy (novice level). He had secured the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2015 ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) in Austria, the 2016 ISU JGP in Japan, and the 2015 ISU JGP in Slovakia. He had secured the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2016 ISU JGP in Estonia.
- At the national level, in the senior tier of the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, he had won the ‘Silver’ medal in 2017, 2019, and 2021; and the ‘Bronze’ medal in 2018 and 2022.
- An animal lover, he used to own a pet Siamese tabby cat named Snookie.
- His hobbies/interests include poetry, hiking, and listening to music.
- In a September 2021 interview, he had stated that it was his dream to own a sports consulting business in the future. In the same interview, he had also mentioned that he had wished to climb all the 58 mountain peaks in the state of Colorado that are above 14,000 feet in elevation. As of February 2022, he had already scaled 2 of those peaks.
Featured Image by Vincent Zhou / Instagram