|Wanda Nara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 10, 1986|
Wanda Nara is an Argentine television presenter, model, and football agent. She started as a supporting actress and dancer in the 2005-2006 theatre production of a play named Humor en Custodia (Prison Humor). Her acting skills were recognized by casting agents and she landed a few supporting and cameo roles in TV shows. She acted in another play from 2006 to 2007 named King Corona but left due to alleged abuse by the lead comedian of the play. In 2007, Wanda decided to showcase her dancing skills to the world by participating in a reality show named Patinando por un Sueño (Skating for a Dream), after which she made several guest appearances on local talk shows. In 2008, she got married to Argentine footballer Maxi López and moved to Italy in 2011, where Maxi was plying his trade.
After moving to Italy, she switched focus away from acting and towards media roles and modeling. However, Wanda came under the immense spotlight and considerable infamy, after her divorce with Maxi and a rather controversial marriage with another footballer, Mauro Icardi, who was 9 years junior to Maxi in the Argentine national football team. In 2015, she became Mauro’s manager as well and was instrumental in his transfer from the Italian club Inter Milan to the French club, Paris Saint-Germain in 2019. Since 2018, she has hosted the Italian sports talk show, Tiki Taka – Il calcio è il nostro gioco (Tiki Taka – Football is our game). In the 2nd half of her career, she has also done considerable work in the world of modeling and has almost 6 million followers on Instagram.
Wanda Solange Nara
Boulogne Sur Mer, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Wanda splits her time between Paris, France (where her husband plays football) and Milán, Italy (where she works as a TV presenter).
Wanda completed her primary and secondary education from local schools in Buenos Aires. Post her graduation from high school, she studied law and business management for a while but discontinued her studies due to conflicts with her career.
Media Personality, Football Agent, Television Presenter, Model
- Father – Andrés Nara (Businessman)
- Mother – Nora Colosimo
- Siblings – Zaira Nara (Younger Sister) (Model, TV Presenter)
- Others – Roberto Blanco (Stepfather) (Businessman)
5 ft 5 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Wanda has dated –
- Diego Maradona (2006) – Wanda had an alleged encounter in 2006 with legendary Argentine footballer Diego Maradona at the Costa Galana Hotel in Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires. Neither Wanda nor Diego ever came out in the open about the alleged romp. However, after Wanda’s marriage to Mauro, Diego did not hold back and was involved in heated Twitter exchanges with Mauro and hurled dirty abuses at him.
- Maxi López (2008-2013) – Wanda had first met Argentine national team footballer Maxi Lopez at a fashion show, while he was playing for Spanish club Barcelona. They soon started dating and got married on May 28, 2008. The couple has 3 sons together – Valentino (b. January 25, 2009), Constantino (b. December 18, 2010), and Benedicto (b. February 20, 2012). However, their relationship started to get strained by 2013 as Maxi alleged that Wanda was cheating on him with his younger teammate Mauro Icardi, while Wanda accused Maxi of repeated infidelity. The couple eventually got divorced on November 6, 2013. Their dispute had reached Argentine courts, where the magistrates ruled in favor of Wanda, giving her custody of the 3 children. After the divorce, Wanda left Italy and returned to Argentina.
- Mauro Icardi (2014-Present) – Upon her return to Buenos Aires, Wanda officially began her relationship with footballer Mauro Icardi. The couple subsequently got married on May 27, 2014, in a small ceremony in Buenos Aires, which was not attended by any of Mauro’s teammates from the Argentine national team. The couple has 2 daughters – Francesca (b. January 19, 2015) and Isabella (b. October 27, 2016). The marriage brought much bad blood against Mauro as he had to face condemnation from the fans and the media, even suffering an unofficial exile from the national team from 2013 to 2017. In his 2016 autobiography, Mauro had tried to clear the air that he only got close to Wanda once her marriage with Maxi had more or less fallen apart. In March 2018, there were media reports in Italy that Wanda was cheating on him with another footballer Marcelo Brozovic but Wanda rubbished the reports.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Lebanese (Middle Eastern) descent.
- Smoldering eyes
- Has her two daughters’ names tattooed on either arm
- Has a mole on her right cheek
- Wears bracelets on both arms
- Has a Cross and a Lion’s face tattooed on her left arm and an Airplane tattoo on her waist
Wanda has been featured in the TV commercials for brands such as Pepsi (appeared along with her husband, Mauro Icardi).
Best Known For
- Her oft-criticized management of her husband’s footballing career (as his agent)
- Her outspoken opinions and insider revelations about football contracts and negotiations on the Italian sports talk show, Tiki Taka – Il calcio è il nostro gioco
First TV Show
Wanda made her TV show debut as a model in 2005 on the Argentine drama TV series Sin código (Without code).
Wanda Nara Favorite Things
- Article Of Clothing – Shorts, Sneakers
- Social Media Site – Instagram
- Mode Of Relaxation – Swimming pool sessions
- Beverage – Wine
- Sports Goods Brand – Nike
- Dressing Style – Casual and sporty
- Pets – Dogs
- Season – Summer
Wanda Nara Facts
- Wanda’s life in the fast lane began early, when she and her sister, Zaira were spotted by a child modeling scout while they were playing in a park. The scout offered them modeling contracts for teen fashion shows. She consequently bought her first car at the age of just 15 and even invested some of her earnings into real estate.
- In the 2007 edition of the dance reality show Patinando por un Sueño, Wanda reached as far as the 11th week. In 2009, she participated in another Argentine reality show, El Musical de tus Sueños (The Musical of your Dreams) and was the 5th contestant to be eliminated.
While she was participating in the popular Argentine dancing reality show Bailando por un sueño (Dancing for a Dream) in 2011, Wanda came to know that she was pregnant with her 3rd child. She left the show mid-way and joined her then-husband Maxi Lopez in Italy. She was eventually replaced in the show by her younger sister, Zaira Nara.
- Wanda’s marriage to Mauro Icardi brought much hatred against both of them from football fans in Argentina and also from her ex-husband Maxi Lopez. Maxi refused to shake hands with Mauro in an April 2014 Italian league match between their teams Inter Milan and Sampdoria. The on-field tension and animosity between the 2 Argentine football stars led the local media to brand the match as ‘The Wanda Derby’.
- Maxi repeated his ‘no-handshake’ act in 2016, when the 2 players played against each other in a league match between the clubs Inter Milan and Torino.
- In 2018 and 2019, Mauro Icardi was being linked to a transfer to Real Madrid, arguably the greatest football club in the world. However, Wanda, his wife-agent, is often primarily blamed for the failure of this dream deal. As his performances for Inter Milan improved, Mauro was made the captain of the club but Wanda’s intrusive attitude and combative behavior concerning contractual negotiations left the team management at both clubs, Inter and Real, exasperated. The deal, ultimately, fell apart.
- Wanda is also credited very often with helping her husband’s valuations rise in the world of football with every contract renewal as her negotiation skills have meant that Mauro’s salary at Inter Milan rose from €900k to €4.5 million in 6 years. Wanda also helps out her sister, Zaira with her modeling and TV contracts.
- She had set up a company named World Marketing Football to look after Mauro’s footballing interests. The company turned more than €3.2 million between 2015 and 2017.
- In early 2019, Wanda was reportedly attacked by notoriously fickle Italian football fans as she was sent threatening messages and a rock was thrown at her car when she was driving with her children to a football match. This happened after she had made personal remarks against some of Mauro’s Inter Milan teammates at the sports talk show, Tiki Taka – Il calcio è il nostro gioco.
- Wanda has a line of self-titled cosmetics, Wanda Nara Cosmetics, which she often promotes on Instagram.
- Wanda has extended her reach to the domain of high fashion and has launched her clothing line known as the Wan Collection with the tagline: ‘Be who you want to be and never stop loving yourself’.
- She has also co-written a sportsbook for children titled Campione in campo e Nella vita (Champion on the field, and in life), which she launched with her husband in Italy, in September 2017.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Wanda Nara / Instagram