|Wengie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1986|
|Boyfriend||Henry Prince Mak|
Wengie is an Australian-Chinese singer and lifestyle YouTuber who runs one of Australia’s top creative blogs, The Wonderful World of Wengie which started in February 2013. She has over 12 million subscribers on YouTube, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 3 million followers on Instagram.
Wendy Ayche, Yurt
Los Angeles, California, United States
Vlogger, YouTuber, Singer, Voice Actress
Wengie is represented by Rare Global Management Co.
She has released her music under the label of Beijing Baina Star Art Culture Development Co., Ltd.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Wengie has dated –
- Henry Prince Mak – Henry Prince Mak, a.k.a. Maxmello, is a social media star who was close friends with Wengie during their college years. They eventually started dating and soon got engaged after their graduation. The couple has since been together and has also been featured in many videos. They were not married until late 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Chinese ancestry.
She prefers to dye her hair in various colors like ‘pink’, ‘purple’, and ‘blue’.
- Big Puffy eyes
- Multihued hair
Wengie has endorsed the following brands on her Instagram account –
- Glamour Dolls Makeup
- Daniel Wellington
- Shaver Shop
- Quay Australia
- Sugar Bear Hair
Best Known For
- Posting content based on entertainment, inspiration, DIY videos, craft ideas, fun experiments, hair tutorials, fashion videos, and skincare tutorials
- Her social media popularity as she has over 12 million subscribers on her YouTube channel and more than 3 million followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Wengie released her first single Baby Believe Me on July 13, 2017, in China. She has also released other singles including Oh I Do and Cake.
Wengie works out on a regular basis as she is a self-disciplined person. In fact, in many of her videos, she suggests maintaining a proper diet chart & exercise routine.
Wengie Favorite Things
- Food – McDonald’s chicken leg with mayonnaise, Chocolate Cake, Chinese Fried and Spicy Noodles, Bitter Melon, Bitter Tea
- Movies – Clueless, The Ring (Japanese)
- Style Icon – Jessica Alba
- Pop Band – Spice Girls
- Stories – Murder and serial killer stories
- Books – Fictional
- Computer Game – Dota, Ken, Cammy
- Pastime – Drawing
- At the age of 5, she wanted to be a pilot of a Japanese robot.
- During her school days, she was a shy and quiet girl. Unlike other girls, she used to be a tomboy.
- At the age of 6, while competing with one of her friends, she ate 35 dumplings.
- Unicorn is her spirit animal and she believes they exist.
- As a voice actress, she has voiced the 4th Powerpuff Girl in the 2017 TV movie, The Powerpuff Girls: Power of Four.
- Most of her off-camera time is spent in communicating through songs and by turning everything into a musical.
- She was given the nickname, Yurt, as she always burps while yawning.
- Wengie has a pet cat named, Mia.
- She got her first job at the age of 15 at Burger King that paid her $20 a day.
- She enjoys the nightlife but avoids the consumption of hard drinks as she hates the taste of alcohol and wine.
- She is one of the messy food eaters. Therefore, she avoids wearing white clothes for a long time.
- Wengie is a sensitive and emotional person.
- She left a 6-figure marketing job to pursue a full-time career as a YouTuber in February 2013.
- Wengie is a huge fan of Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake. She has uploaded covers of their songs on her YouTube channel.
- Being born in China and growing up in a Western country like Australia, Wengie is a multicultural person and compares various beauty trends from different countries like Korea or Japan or America in her videos.
- She also has another YouTube channel named, LifeOfWengie, where she posts long talks about relationships, friendships, and gives pieces of advice on bullying or being an introvert.
- She has always been a creative person who really loves films, scriptwriting, and editing. Wengie fantasizes to mix comedy and stories in her beauty videos as a combination of entertainment and education.
Featured Image by Wengie / Instagram