|Whitney Thompson Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|September 26, 1987
Whitney Thompson is an American plus-size model who gained acclaim as she emerged as the winner of the 10th edition of the reality television competition series, America’s Next Top Model.
Whitney Lee Thompson
Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Whitney went to Duncan U. Fletcher High School.
Post that, she got enrolled at the University of North Florida. While at university, she was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority.
Model and restaurant owner
- Father – David Thompson (Springfield Police Chief)
- Mother – Jeanine Thompson
- Others – Norman Emory Wilcox, Sr. (Maternal Grandfather)
Whitney is represented by –
- Elite Model Management
- Wilhelmina Models – Los Angeles
- Wilhelmina Models – Miami
- Wilhelmina Models – New York
- OKAY Models – Hamburg
- Milk Models – London
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Whitney Thompson has dated –
- Ian Forrester (2012-Present) – Whitney Thompson first met her husband Ian Forrester on the school bus in high school. Then, they randomly got in touch years later and started going out in 2012. In November 2013, they reportedly got engaged while on holiday in Ireland and London. In November 2014, they got married in an intimate wedding ceremony held at a Scottish castle. The wedding ceremony was later featured on the TLC show. The couple has also been blessed with a boy.
Race / Ethnicity
Whitney Thompson is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
She has naturally “Brown” colored hair.
- Curvy physique
- Chiseled facial features
37-32-43 in or 94-81-109 cm
16 (US) or 48 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU) or 7.5 (UK)
Whitney has worked as a spokesmodel for Covergirl cosmetics.
She has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- CoverGirl’s LashBlast Mascara
- Smile Stylist
She was a part of the print ad campaign for Anna Scholz.
The other brands she has done brand endorsement work for include
- Panache Lingerie
- JC Penney
- Diana Warner Jewelry
- Forever 21
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Converse One Star
- Fashion Bug
- Pure Energy / Target
- Fashion Bug
Best Known For
- Being the winner of the 10th season of the reality show, America’s Next Top Model.
- Having done modeling and promotion work for some of the leading fashion brands.
First TV Show
Whitney was first seen on the reality show America’s Next Top Model as herself, which she won.
Whitney Thompson rarely finds time to work out in the gym due to her hectic work schedule. But, whenever she can find the time and has sufficient energy, she makes sure that she is going out for a run. However, she is not a fan of pushing the body just for the sake of it. Unless she does feel like working out, she prefers to skip it.
She carries the same attitude for her dietary intake. She doesn’t subscribe to any fad dieting and doesn’t believe in starving herself. Also, she is a vegan.
Whitney Thompson Favorite Things
- Her Cupcake Recipe – Chicken and waffle cupcake
Source – Tennessean.com
Whitney Thompson Facts
- Whitney Thompson has launched her own range of jewelry and candle collection under the “Supermodel” label.
- Before she became a model, she was employed in the before and after school daycare programs at the Chets Creek Elementary School.
- In 2010, she was appointed as the ambassador for the National Eating Disorder Association. She has toured numerous schools in her role to spread awareness about healthy eating.
- Whitney has launched TheBigandBeautiful.com, which is a dating website for plus-sized individuals.
- In 2008, the MSN website included her in the list of “Most Influential Women.”
- Whitney holds the distinction of being the first plus-size model to have won America’s Next Top Model competition.
- She has also graced the covers of magazines like Seventeen and Supermodels Unlimited.
- In July 2014, she collaborated with her then-fiancé Ian Forrester to open a restaurant, Whitney Lee’s Southern Sweets and Savories in Springfield in an old building, which was a whiskey saloon in 1838.
- For her stint in America’s Next Top Model, she was spotted by the scout from the show at the airport.