William Jack Poulter
Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom
He lives in Chiswick neighborhood of West London. He grew up in the same locality.
Will Poulter was enrolled at The Harrodian School in London where he studied drama.
He completed his school education with A-level grades and was offered a place at the Bristol University to study drama. However, he dropped out of the university after having studied for a year as he felt it wasn’t worth it.
- Father – Neil Poulter (Professor of Cardiology)
- Mother – Caroline Poulter (Former Nurse)
- Siblings – He has a brother and two sisters. Both of his sisters are nurses.
- Others – Eldred Poulter (Paternal Grandfather), Joyce M. Norton (Paternal Grandmother), Jack Barrah (Maternal Grandfather) (Famous game warden in Kenya), Patricia Patterson (Maternal Grandmother)
Will Poulter is represented by London based Hamilton Hodell.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Will Poulter is fiercely protective of his personal life, which has made it difficult for media to ascertain anything about his dating history and love life.
There were some tabloids that claimed he was in a relationship with a girl named Zoe. However, the rumor couldn’t be verified.
In fact, the scarcity of information about his private life has led to some malicious media sources speculating that he is gay, which of course isn’t true.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry.
- Strong jawline
- Often keeps a short cropped hairdo
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
13 (US) (via Twitter)
Will Poulter hasn’t endorsed any brand.
Best Known For
- Being cast in one of the leading roles in the comedy movie, We’re the Millers. He managed to win BAFTA Rising Star Award for his work in the movie.
- Having played an important role in the fantasy adventure movie, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
In 2007, he made his film debut in the lead role in the comedy movie, Son of Rambow, which was coming of age story of two boys. He was 12 years old at the release of the movie.
First TV Show
In November 2007, Will made his first TV show appearance in the British comedy series, Comedy: Shuffle.
Will Poulter Favorite Things
- Movie – Stand by Me (1986)
- Meal To Prepare – Southeast Asian food especially Vietnamese dishes
- Ideal Vacation – Beach vacations with a soccer ball and plenty of food
- Footwear – Nike Trainers
Will Poulter Facts
- In 2016, he had managed to bag the much-coveted role of Pennywise the Clown in the miniseries remake of It, which was inspired by Stephen King’s book. However, he had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts and departure of the director who had signed him.
- He was formally introduced to acting after he joined his classmates from school to perform a sketch show written by their drama teacher at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- He has started his own production company by the name of Gold Soil. His partner in the production house is British screenwriter and actor Seb de Souza.
- He was encouraged by his school drama teacher to go for the auditions for the movie, Son of Rambow, which also served as his debut movie.
- In 2014, the July edition of the Vanity Fair magazine named him as one of 23 actors that were called ‘Hollywood’s Next Wave.’
- He didn’t plan to become an actor, it just sort of happened for him.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image via Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0