|WillNE Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1996|
WillNE is a British YouTuber whose YouTube channel has amassed more than 3.5 million subscribers owing to the popularity of his videos that are based around pop culture commentary, especially his long-running video series called This Week on the Internet. His secondary channel titled S2W that focuses a bit more on reaction videos and vlogs has also garnered more than 1.5 million subscribers. His quirky Instagram posts are a hit with his fans too and have earned him nearly a million followers on the platform.
William Jonathan Lenney
Whitley Bay, Northumberland, England, United Kingdom
Will is a high school graduate. After graduation, he attended Loughborough University to pursue a degree in automotive engineering but left the course mid-way to focus on his YouTube channel.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Will has dated –
- Mia M (2018–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Side-cropped, wavy hair
- Has moles on his right cheek
- Affable smile
- Often appears in his videos in a baseball hat
- Thick Geordie accent
On social media, Will has promoted games, brands, and services such as –
- Raid: Shadow Legends
- Monster Legends
- Curve App
- Hot UK Deals
- Cats (Video Game)
WillNE Favorite Things
- Sport – Soccer
- Pet – Dogs
- Soccer Team – Newcastle United
- Soccer Player – Alan Shearer
- App – Deliveroo
- YouTuber – Nathan Zed
- Song – Blinding Lights (2019) by The Weeknd
- Mobile Game – Pokémon GO
- Will used to work at a dinosaur-themed golf course in his hometown of Whitley Bay. He quit his job in early 2016 to focus more on his YouTube work. He left Whitley Bay in January 2017 and moved to London.
- Will’s YouTube channel blew up with a weird incident. He had been making videos since the age of 14 but did not have too many subscribers. During his 1st year at University, someone had tweeted him a link of YouTube video of a freestyle rap called Road Rage by a 13-year-old boy. Will was intrigued and decided to research further. He found out that there were plenty of other such child rappers and decided to edit a film about them. He published it with the title World’s Cringiest Children Ever Make Grime. Although the clip struggled for views initially, it soon started to go viral. This gave Will the idea to make a YouTube channel on the theme of mocking the weirdest stuff that one could find on the Internet.
- His line of merchandise often features pictures of his dog Darcey and his tongue-in-cheek catchphrase subtoWillNE.
- He had once received an official noise complaint letter from his neighbors at his London residence after a house party at his place.
- In 2017, YouTube had changed its vetting policy to appease advertisers who were upset by the fact that some of their ads were being placed next to extremist videos or hate speech. The change in YouTube’s policies impacted the monetization of several medium-sized YouTubers such as Will. From March 2017 to April 2017, his monthly income dropped by 85%. He revealed in an interview that he had made that month’s rent by selling fidget spinners.
- In August 2019, Will planned an elaborate prank to mock reality TV show Love Island‘s cast members’ willingness to sponsor anything. He started a website called Vassar Matchings and set up a fake company named Verify Today. He got in touch with the agents of the many of the cast members and several of them were ready to promote the company without doing any background check. Will even paid the agent of Sherif Lanre, a cast member, £1,000 which Sherif’s agent had to return after Will made his prank public and his fans hounded Sherif’s Instagram page asking him to return Will’s money.
Featured Image by WillNE / Instagram